account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Adviser
Message 131 of 140
Message 131 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Before putting a new battery in my sony xperia zl, I did a lot of research online on how to reset a BMS of a sony xperia zl and contacted some people who know a lot about batteries (Battery University) online with the question how to reset the BMS of my xperia ZL. They told me that it impossible to reset the battery, so the only logical conclusion is to put a new battery in, and therfore putting a new BMS in your phone, because it is located on the battery.

I have fixed my sony xperia ZL by buying an online battery and completely screwing the motherboard out of the phone, to replace the battery. Before buying an online battery be warned that there are many fake batteries on the market who look exacly like an original one. I bought mine by looking very long on the internet and comparing a lot of batteries with the one from my phone. If you don't want to look long after a battery I can recommend this site, because it really are original batteries (or at least very good fake one's, because I didn't notice any difference between my battery and theirs.)

The only thing you can learn from this is not to install another deathgrade from sony ever again, except if you want to buy a new battery and disassamble your phone

http://www.displaydoktor.de/index.php?k=898&lang=eng

This is the page I used to disassamble my sony xperia zl (they tell you in a pretty good way how to disassamble your whole smartphone)

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+Xperia+ZL+Battery+Replacement/28802

I hope that this can be of any help and that you don't have the problem of malfunctioning devices any longer, so you can all enjoy your sony xperia zl.

One time poster
Message 132 of 140
Message 132 of 140

My phone also having the same problem. It dont charge properly  or hangs while charging. Its evident that SONY don't this device no longer used, they want to buy a new phone or sell more accessories. Shame on you!. I have many devices from Sony, but not anymore!!

One time poster
Message 133 of 140
Message 133 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia zl

my phone keeps restarting automatically.I have successfully repaired two times using PCC but it didn't solve the issue. so suggest me what should i do?
Message 134 of 140
Message 134 of 140

im facing the reboot problem also from 2 days now , checked out on internet about this, see a whole lot of people is suffering from this, still no official words or solution on this by sony, shame on this!! i like the sony before but after this its a no for life , nd i gonna say this also you sony gonna die. your market are not anymore and you are not treating your loyal customers well , after seeing all the comments and people talks on all over internet, this thing gonna destroy you, i curse you also. 

One time poster
Message 135 of 140
Message 135 of 140

same thing here with a Z , Lollipop killed it, and now i am out of luck, because i am out of warranty period in canada.  Funny that this phone has a 2YEAR warranty in europe, but not in north america... shame on you Sony, i used to love your products. 

Highlighted
Message 136 of 140
Message 136 of 140

still no solution on this after so many days, all solution are third party based which needed expertise in hardware like changing battery and wire connecting but the thing is sony managers dnt bother to give any solution , just saying there pitch repair with pcc, i was like rofl how man, just do one yourself i will give you that phone for free, i request the sony staff to give us the right direction and find the solution of this.

One time poster
Message 137 of 140
Message 137 of 140

Re: XPERIA Z (C6603) : Reboot while listening to music after install Lollypop

right so mine z5 bout December just got back from a family trip went to go unpack etc etc battery was draining fast the f.. so confused. best part is.... I was only one taking photos of my daughters first trip and experience caves etc...

now gets really fun. apps kept closing on me and then camera stops.... right charged phone thpught  it restart it... here I am bootloop 3 days later. feel it getting hot while. charging so wow frying the battery now....

restart force restart the 2min restart and all does keeps optimising apps... changes the number fluctuates.... then to Sony waves and reboot.....

bought. y phone cash outright plus the other two I have one stuck blue screen no cracks

done it All. 

done youtube 

done four,

done the cards rah rah

tried pc companin

so o....

One time poster
Message 138 of 140
Message 138 of 140

Sony experia ZL c6503

Guy need help my sony zL shut off automatically, then when i try to turn on it wont turn and all i can see is the sony logo, it will turn on when i charge the phone. Already try the sony pc companion still the same. Need some help. Thanks in advance.
Message 139 of 140
Message 139 of 140

Re: Sony experia ZL c6503

Brenn I had the same problem. The only solution is to replace the batery.

One time poster
Message 140 of 140
Message 140 of 140

I have had the same problem a few times before and was able to get my phone to start and then used PCC to do a fix to wipe my phone and that worked. This time couldn't get anywhere past the Sony Logo screen.

I just got my battery replaced and everything is great. Phone charges better, battery life is much better again. Crappy but very happy again!