account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Message 121 of 140
Message 121 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

aksaramit, downgrading will not solve your problem... The only way is replace your battery or install the "jumper" as you can read above...
One more time, don't matter if it's hardware or software, Sony MUST solve this !

Learner
Message 122 of 140
Message 122 of 140

I have exact same problem.
I do update to lollipop several month ago... And 4 days ago something weird happened... While i'm playing game, my phone shut itnself down for no reason... But it still able to start and i can use for several minutes. After that my phone shut it self down whenever i try to use camera. And now it can't be turned on without charger.

At first i was thinking that this is battery problem and i need to replace it with a new one... Today i bought the battery and replace it... At first it working fine, i even can use camera and any other app without problem and random shut down... Seems like everything runs sucessfully. But suddenly i lost my network (hsdpa) signal and unable to surf the web... I try to reboot my phone and attach my charger (because my battery was in 39%) after that i turn on my phone but what i got is my phone battery shows 5% after rebooting... I try to charge it until it reach 100%, and then unplug my phone. It works fine i even use my phone to make a call to my gf. And then something weird happen once again, i open my album and "BOOM"!!! My phone suddenly shut down... I'm wondering what's wrong with my phone... I do have replaced my battery with a new one but it seems like it doesn't help. It just a waste of money!!!

I hope someone could find any clue to solve this problem.
Highlighted
Message 123 of 140
Message 123 of 140

Finally my ZL is back.
They explain NOTHING of what was replaced on my device, but seems to me that they only replaced my battery...

Everything is working fine. I`m running lollipop with no problem... (4 days)

Learner
Message 124 of 140
Message 124 of 140

finally my XZ problem solved after i tried replacing another battery

Adviser
Message 125 of 140
Message 125 of 140

..... and there is another Update to 5.1.(1). I don't date to update. And you?

Apprentice
Message 126 of 140
Message 126 of 140

I am also facing the same issue..... after I updated my xperia ZL to 5.1.1 this morning(12th Sep 2015, Hyderabad, India). Authorized service center guy says we can't repair the phone as the battery is built-in, and there is a problem with the battery. I was shocked!!! my phone worked very perfectly till this morning... 

Sony has to give the solution for this issue or replace my phone with NEW mobile phone. 

venky

One time poster
Message 127 of 140
Message 127 of 140

I am facing same problem after Android update ...I am not even able to start the phone.this is totally nonsense from Sony. .up to nw I have been continoulsly using Sony mobiles. ..but after this I got irritated and got another's brand to serve the purpose ...it's like cheating the old phone customers. ..I have been chatting with Sony support teams. ..they have been sending some nonsense template messages. ..
Learner
Message 128 of 140
Message 128 of 140

My phone has been in repair... for 2,5 months now. Pretty sure it has first been at a repair center, and it is now at Sony itself for a couple of weeks already. No news. I can only hope they will do whatever to fix this issue soon. So far, I'm really dissatisfied with the customer service of Sony. Very disappointed. Soon, my phone will have been in repair for longer than I had time to enjoy using it.

One time poster
Message 129 of 140
Message 129 of 140

I updated to Lollipop last night and it has catastrophically broken my phone. I too have the constant reboot. Nothing I have tried has worked.

It doesn't last long enough for PCC to recognise it nor see it in Windows. Any suggestions???

Learner
Message 130 of 140
Message 130 of 140

3,5 months now and counting... I'm getting desperate here.