account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Visitor
Message 101 of 140
Message 101 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

So I have read this topic and I think that battery problem is not a problem, cause it impossible to broke a battery by software updates - it's crazy. My phone have a good charge any time and it just rebbot every 30 min.

So is there any official comments by SONY? Or they just ignore this bug ?

Adviser
Message 102 of 140
Message 102 of 140

For all the people facing the same issue go to page 14 if you don't want to read all texts and just want a solution

After a bit of searching I found out how to set up developer options (go to about phone and thick the build number seven times while charging) that you can show the cpu usage (under developer options above about phone).

The first time I did this, my phone didn't shut itself off directly and I could scroll a lot more through my screens without the charger connected(didn't open any apps). Only when I touched the home button the phone turned itself off.

Afterwards, I turned on the phone ( still showing cpu usage and connected to charger) and disconnected the charger and for the first time the phone vibrated three times while showing a battery icon with a ! in it and it shut itself down immediatly ( so I couldn't open the menu with shortcuts from wifi etc. and read what it stated), which means that the phone itself says there is a problem with the battery even though there isn't one. Therefore I conclude that it must be a software problem and Sony should indeed help us with this.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 103 of 140
Message 103 of 140

Our development have investigated this and it's not caused by software. If you still have this issue after trying the suggestions in my earlier post in this thread i'm afraid the issue you have is not a software issue that can be fixed with a software update. In that case there's a hardware issue with the phone or the battery and it needs to be fixed at a service location. If you need assistance with repairs, please contact your local support team for assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 104 of 140
Message 104 of 140

Rickard,

Sorry for my sincerity, but if Sony Support realy says that it's a pontual problem, you are not hearing your users...
There are so many users reports arround the world having the same problem !

You have 1 from 2 options:
1) There's some software problem that damage the battery
2) There's a engineering problem (this is my choice)

Anyway it's on Sony's account !

To be honest, I'm afraid to buy another Sony's device after so many problems reported, like ZL's battery, Z2's water resistance failed, and so on...

Learner
Message 105 of 140
Message 105 of 140

I have just replaced the baterry of my xperia z.

1)The phone caint boot without charger

2)5m in charge and the backcase overheating

3)30m stable with no rebooting

Visitor
Message 106 of 140
Message 106 of 140

@Luiz_B wrote:

According to the guy who made the video below, changing the battery will only solve the problem temporarily as the overheating will occour again.

The only definitive solution they found was to make the jumper.

He says it's safe because it's only the battey thermal sensor that is bypassed. The phone thermal sensor is still functional and should protect it from extreme overheating which could lead to fire and/or explosion of the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8EiUi1d1M

This fix worked for me, I just posted instructions in english but sony deleted my post. Guess they don't want you to fix your own phone, Just send it to them and let them charge you $100+ to install a new battery.

Visitor
Message 107 of 140
Message 107 of 140

http://riseofchaos.com/ZL_fix.jpg

Girlfriend has been on her phone now for like an hour. Before it wouldn't stay on for more then a minute. Jumper method works.

Message 108 of 140
Message 108 of 140

Think with me.... if battery's thermal sensor is forcing phone to reboot, and replacing this battery will not be a definitive solution, Sony's battery has a engineering error ! They MUST solve this problem... if ZL do not have solution, they must replace our device by one that works properly...

Adviser
Message 109 of 140
Message 109 of 140

I believe I have a new battery after sending the phone back to the repair center and there are almost 3 months since phone is back and everything works just fine. No restarts, no switch off, battery life extended and the phone was pretty much used as a navigation device and you all know, it gets really hot after even a half an hour of use. No signs of damage again. Hope it stays so for the next several months.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 110 of 140
Message 110 of 140

I have just tried this on my xperia z http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/help/hardware-fix-xperia-z-charging-booting-t2760911

For the first time it's charging normaly. 

I will report in 3 hours if it's stable.