account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Message 91 of 140
Message 91 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Searching in other foruns, I've found some people with the same problem (bootloop or only starting with the charger, like me).

The conclusion was that after upgrade to Lollipop, the battery starts to overheating, causing damage to its FLEX cable and a defect in the negative of the battery.

This way, the system turn itself off to prevent an accident.

This explanation make sense to me... and if this is true, Sony has to quickly fix this bug and replace our batteries !

They found a "solution"... 

Put a "jumper" to the negative terminal to negative flex terminal, but I think it's dangerous...

The other solution, is to buy a new battery...

Adviser
Message 92 of 140
Message 92 of 140

I'm sure and convinced that this happens only in the moment, when the update is installed. Only then the battery is overheating and this could damage the connector cable. I've noticed that immediately after update was done. Screen and back-cover extremely hot. Not happend with other updates.
In this case, it is recommended to update in the frige. No risk at all. Should be written in the requirements in PCC.
Message 93 of 140
Message 93 of 140

I can't specify in which moment the overheating happens... But I think that it became obvious that is a problem caused by the update... So Sony is responsible and must provide us the right support, as I've mentioned before.

Rookie
Message 94 of 140
Message 94 of 140

According to the guy who made the video below, changing the battery will only solve the problem temporarily as the overheating will occour again.

The only definitive solution they found was to make the jumper.

He says it's safe because it's only the battey thermal sensor that is bypassed. The phone thermal sensor is still functional and should protect it from extreme overheating which could lead to fire and/or explosion of the battery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr8EiUi1d1M

Vídeo ensinando a Jumpear a bateria para resolve o problema liga e desliga do Sony Xperia ZQ/ZL
Highlighted
Message 95 of 140
Message 95 of 140

In this video he suggests that this problem is not caused by the update to Lollipop, but comes with time... even if you replace your battery, the new one will show the same problem in a near future...

So, if I send my ZQ (ZL) and Sony replace my battery, the problem will not be resolved !

In one of the comments of the video, he said that this solution is from an tutorial made by one Sony's Technician... I don't know if it's true...

Sony, where are you ? This is your responsability!

Adviser
Message 96 of 140
Message 96 of 140

I'll let you know, if the problem appears again. So far, so good with mine ZL after the repair.
Rookie
Message 97 of 140
Message 97 of 140

What was your repair approach? Replace the batery or make the jumper?

Learner
Message 98 of 140
Message 98 of 140

That is crazy that they destroy their customer devices and they don't care at all. That will be my last Sony device!!!

Learner
Message 99 of 140
Message 99 of 140

Have the same problem. The problem appeared to all only after installing lollipop. It can't be a battery fault in so many cases only after installing lollipop.
Visitor
Message 100 of 140
Message 100 of 140

Xperia Z constantly rebooting after Lollipop update

Hi, guys! 

I faced with realy terrible problem after Lollipop updates. 

My phone - Sony Xperia Z - after Lollipop update,  started constantly rebooting by itself (approximately - one time per 30 min).

I drop settings to default in phone, but it didn't help. When I used KitKat version ALL was OK.

So in fact, I "lose" my phone, because I can't normally use it in work or for calls, cause it just reboot in any time when it wants. I realy dissapointed by this bug.

So who know how can I fix this problem?