account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 81 of 140
Message 81 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

As I already wrote it, I don't know what the repair center has fixed, I believe it is the battery. The other possible think could be the mainboard. So, You could at least buy a battery from eBay or Amazon. Delivery to Belgium should not be a problem.
Highlighted
Learner
Message 82 of 140
Message 82 of 140

Just an update on my situation: I had contact with Sony Customer Service. They told me that a software repair through the PC Companion software would definitely solve my problem. It has definitely not solved the problem. The phone won't even boot now (starts booting and shuts down after a few seconds). Since there are no repair centers in Belgium whatsoever and no way to send my phone to Sony directly, I am now stuck with a dead phone, less than a year old and fully under warrany, but with nowhere to go. Thank you, Sony.

By the way: just buying a new battery over the internet for almost 60 euros, without any clue that this will solve my problem, is not a solution for me. 

Highlighted
Message 83 of 140
Message 83 of 140

Please let us know if the problem solved with the battery replacement Alert

I realize the phone is not charghing  because the battery is getting 2,8v and even charging, this numer doens't see to be changed.

Sorry for my english

the problem is in the battery or MB?

One time poster
Message 84 of 140
Message 84 of 140

Even my Sony Xperia ZL is ruined after update. and the worst part is service center replied that they are unable to resolve the issue.

Didn't expect it from sony.

I am still using my 4 years old sony xperia Arc.. 

Please test software updates throughly before releasing them!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 85 of 140
Message 85 of 140

This is totally going to ruin Sony...Sony Z users are the most import as they were Sony's lifesaver as i 'believe'.

In fact my brother's zl has replaced with a refurshed one had same issue on it.But in this case it was running on kitkat.But it happened suddenly.

I am not telling lollipop is good.But as it seems Sony have to solve this.They are not listening even now.

So in future i will ever buy a expensive crap ;no matter what they release in future.other brands are doing so good than this .As i am awre of their problems,too.But i know how good they are.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 86 of 140
Message 86 of 140

The exact same thing started happening this evening.
Was going very well for quite some time after the update but now it's just in an endless loop rebooting.

At this moment it seems like it has taken a break though, from the loop.

Managed to turn the phone off, using the side button, and kept it off for about 5 minutes. Turned it on again and so far so good.

Hopefully it stays that way. But it really shouldn't have started doing it in the first place.

Nothing was different from days before the reboot to when it started.

What i did notice though was that the back panel was warmer than normal. Now, after i managed turn it off and on manually again, it's nice and cool, the way it used to be before it started rebooting.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 87 of 140
Message 87 of 140

It is a long time passed after realising the lollipop update on xperia ZL. Why Sony has not taken any action for it... It has been shown that it the common problem with xperia ZL users. That after update Lollipop 5.0.2 .. The phone goes into the reboot loop on battry... And its working fine on charging mode. Pls give me any solution my xperia zl is dead from 2 months... There is no solutions from service centre and customer support team... When I went to the service centre they told there is problem with battery and in our service centre we can not change battery you can go any other service centre. I had tried it from Sony pcc but no result... Is replacing the battery is the only solution... Can anybody tell me
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 88 of 140
Message 88 of 140

Re: Sony Xperia ZL after updating Lollipop 5.0.2 bug

@aksaramit

reinstall lollipop with PCC and report back 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 89 of 140
Message 89 of 140

I updated to lollipop 2 weeks ago and I have the same issue

Luckily I can use the phone until my battery gets less than 10% then it reboots

Sometimes (happened to me 4 time until now) the battery is like 57% or 70% then suddenly reboot and get like 6%

At first I didn't believe that any company could kill its old phone like that
that
But now after reading this, Seems the majority have the problem, No fix for a whole 2 months, ONLY OLD DEVICES (z/zl) faces this problem. It seems to be True and Clear

Before my phone gets worse as happened with the people above
I am not even going back to kitkat.

First: I will flash a custom rom as soon as possible. Those guys at xda developers are great and they have stable roms and don't release a rom WITHOUT MENTIONING THE BUGS THAT COULD BE IN IT.

Second: My next phone will be htc or Samsung (I didn't like Samsung at first but they seems cool now)

The reason I bought a Sony phones is that I have Sony vaio laptop, ps3, psp, bravia TV and more. They are all cool and with a great quality, design and life
But I very disappointed with this one

Highlighted
Message 90 of 140
Message 90 of 140

Im facing the same problem... since it was updated for Lollipop my ZQ (ZL) is turning off with no reason. Since yesterday it doesn't start nomore... The only way to start it is when i plug the charger.

I'm trying to downgrade to Kitkat, someone can tell me where to find the Sony's OFFICIAL Rom ?

I realy hope that Sony take some action about it... a have a lot of Sony diveces, but this situation is getting me really angry !