account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Learner
Message 51 of 140
Message 51 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

same problem happening with me. No use of PCC .

'Sony' lets meet on social media now.

Message 52 of 140
Message 52 of 140

@Poyta

@SXPERIAZL

@AlvinJose

No company would kill their old phones, and it's not that simply possible by an update. There might me a percent of faulty intallations that may cause some issues, but as it seems that the majority have their mobile alive.

I'd suggest that you do a PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

If you already tried repairing via PCC, then try to contact your nearest Sony support senter to get your phone examined:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-get-your-Sony-Xperia-product-repaired/m-p/991374#U991374

I hope you get your phones working as soon as possible, but please don't build conspiracy theories from your individual cases.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 53 of 140
Message 53 of 140

We are not blaming sony without any reason. We have strong reason to do so. I am examining this forum from past 5 or 6 days,i suggest you to go through it and you will find many such cases.

I tried each and everything.Non of them worked.Also visited to Authorised service center They informed that my handset cannot be repaired and I will get a refurbished handset on condition that, If I pay half of the current MRP. 

So.......

Message 54 of 140
Message 54 of 140

I'm sorry for that, but as a general rule, updates go through extensive testing and it's extremely rare that a software update may couse a device to be broken if you go through the update process properly. I agree that there might be bugs, glitches, malfunctions, but not complete phone death.

Again I hope your phone gets fixed eventually. Try to flash Kitkat via flashtool?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Adviser
Message 55 of 140
Message 55 of 140

Nothing helps!

Hard reset on 5.0.2 - brought to nowhere. 

Fresh install of 5.0.2 - same thing.

KitKit 4.4.4 flash - brought to nowhere. The device turns off in couple of minutes without charger. 

In system menu the battery status is GOOD. The charger recognizes the battery as 95-97% charged after the phone turns off. 

I charged the phone to 100% and left it overnight with WIFi ON and discharging - 10 ours ON an standby and 95% batt. 

When I wish to play with it, it will turns off in the next minute. 

And there are flashed only official ROM's made by SONY for this device. 

I could not understand the behaviour of SONY. There was such a joy about the updates and now battery dead. It is still possible the update to malfunction on a specific devices. 

And the worse is, such already written, the same thing happend an year ago with other Z-devices. 2013/2014 Sony appologizes for the battery-dead problem. 

What would you call it in our situation? 

How is it possible, that the device is not repairable and there is no batt-exchange, when the Youtube shows videos from SONY with instructions for batt-replacement? Why should I pay for this obviously Sony´mistake? I suggest, they pay me 20 EUR and I'll replace my battery.

Talent
Message 56 of 140
Message 56 of 140

@quester

This a new latest move by a braded company. #kill old device..

ok some times update brings problem then there should be a free repair ride or atleast repair at a minimal cost , but here we have to buy a new phone by paying 50% cost of the phone.

AVN
Visitor
Message 57 of 140
Message 57 of 140

@XperiMadCat

Same here, and now they say that i need to send to sony repair and pay, here in Brasil, if they change my battery the cost will be about 100 USD.

Just to mention that each update i did, some problem appeared.

Visitor
Message 58 of 140
Message 58 of 140

Xperia Z restarts when connecing to charger

Hi! Updated to 5.0.2 recently. Afterwards, every time I connect for charging (original charger), the phone restarts unintended. Annoying . . . . Anyone experiencing the same?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 59 of 140
Message 59 of 140

I'm very sorry to hear that you have issues after the update Slightly frowning Face

I forwarded this internally for further investigation but i'm afraid this is not a software issue with the new update. Our developers suspect this is a hardware issue with the phone or battery.

I see most of you have already tested this but if you haven't, first try holding the off button under the cover for the SIM card for a couple of minutes and then let the phone charge over night. If this doesn't help, also try performing a software repair using PC Companion (please note that this will reset your phone and delete all your data) and try charging the phone with another charger.

If the issue should remain, this needs to be investigated and fixed by a service location. For information and assistance you can also contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 60 of 140
Message 60 of 140

The OFF-button does not help really. Already tested. Charge overnight and repair - without any results. 

My phone was delivering pretty decent performance with official 4.4.4, without root or any other customizing, with more than 1 day operation without need of charging. And there was 5.0.2 with immediate and sudden switch off after the update on the next day. First time on a testing with AnTuTu, second time on a browsing in Internet. Afterwards no use possible. 

I did an experiment - charged the phone to 100% and left it discharging with WIFI On on standby. It could last whole 10 days probably, only with short wake up. Yesterday, after 20 ours standby, it was still on 89% with WiFi on. And then I decided to play a bit - sudden switch off. 

It seems that when the battery get more requested (more need of power) it turns the phone off. That's really a current/power problem.