account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to make Xperia Go ICS Superfast. (+How to root .54 update)Update: 04th March, 2013

One time poster
Message 231 of 248
Message 231 of 248

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to make Xperia Go ICS Superfast. (+How to root .54 update)Update: 04th March, 2013

Ide be happy with root. Just to install some cpu manager. At least I could use the dual core power available. Thanks for giving me a fast car with speed limiter sony. Neutral Face

Visitor
Message 232 of 248
Message 232 of 248

It's possible, I've done it and I've already helped another Xperia go user obtain root access for his phone. Yes, without unlocking the bootloader. Read this thread, the procedure is covered in full detail there, complete with detailed explanations as to why the steps are necessary.

Commissioner
Message 233 of 248
Message 233 of 248

Cool! Hey taboo5200, +1 thanks to you on XDA forum. I am

urefowei there. :smileygrin:

I know this is asking too much but, but, but,

can you start a new thread, create a step by step (noob,

like me) guide on how to root Xperia Go with locked BLs?

A lot of people here will be VERYyyYYyyyYyyy happy.

LIKE THIS COMMENT IF YOU GUYS AGREE.. Hehehhe. :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Visitor
Message 234 of 248
Message 234 of 248

I guess I could, but given the verbosity I tend to have (plus RL stuff frequently shoving itself in my way), it might take many hours before it's written and posted. So for those who want to get root access right now, please read the thread I linked in my post above. For those who can wait, I'll have a guide up sometime soon.

Commissioner
Message 235 of 248
Message 235 of 248

I can wait. I am sure a lot will be waiting for it. Thanks bro.

One time poster
Message 236 of 248
Message 236 of 248

A rooting guide from Taboo? I'de better make sure I haffs my reading glasses when that post comes Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes If it's nearly as detailed as the mega hyper super ultra review (http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/127170?tstart=0) then I'll wait in the shadows for the time being and screaming at my XGO saying "ROOT DAMNG YOU! ROOOOT!! ROOT the precious yess..."

One time poster
Message 237 of 248
Message 237 of 248

eljunpacomios, Well do you guys want the easy one (you've to unlock the bootloader) or the hard one (don't need unlocking the bootloader)?

One time poster
Message 238 of 248
Message 238 of 248

Or maybe, I don't need to. Winking Face

Visitor
Message 239 of 248
Message 239 of 248

Done, it's now live here. Hope I didn't disappoint.

Commissioner
Message 240 of 248
Message 240 of 248

Bro xfahim,

Unlocking the bootloader is an option. Can you share the instructions

on how to root with an unlocked bootloader?

Or better yet, can you create a new thread for that? Pretty please? Slightly smiling FaceSlightly smiling Face

Bro taboo5200,

I read your tutorial, but have not done it yet, it looks comperehensive

and concise so i will have to give it time and besides, I will need to

download all the prerequisites first to be able to complete the steps.