account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to make Xperia Go ICS Superfast. (+How to root .54 update)Update: 04th March, 2013

Visitor
Message 10 of 248
Message 10 of 248

Re: [Full Tutorial] How to make Xperia Go ICS Super smooth and fast.

Hello xfahim,

First of all, Thanks for sharing Slightly smiling Face

Now I just wanna ask before I Update to ICS and Root my phone, I am using Connectify Pro for WiFi

doesn't matter if your not using Connectify Slightly smiling Face

Do you get problems with WiFi? or Mobile Data?

I'm a WiFi Zombie you see :smileygrin:

and don't have router yet.

Hoping for your immediate response.

Thanks for the time,

Bones

One time poster
Message 11 of 248
Message 11 of 248

ive been following your tutorial and i rooted my phone easily. .my phone is fast and smooth  but the camera are in low light slow capturing and bad quality. . 1ghz wont fix it. . Slightly frowning Face, . .from GB and now ICS its still makes different on camera shots. . im so disappointed, ..you are lucky you havent encounter any bug problems on your phone when it updated to ICS.

One time poster
Message 12 of 248
Message 12 of 248

bonesnatch, Well, I use Connectify Pro too when I'm not at home and if I can't find any Wifi zone out. Wifi works fine. But It disconnects at times, like two times in two hours. Then I've to turn off and on the wifi of my phone to reconnect. Weeks ago, I've had to restart the hotspot, I thought it was the phone's fault, but after the Connectify update, this problem was solved. Slightly smiling Face

And I didn't face ANY trouble with Mobile Data, too.

I think you can upgrade your phone, you see, everyone's using Samsung are using JB and we are still stuck with ICS. Dizzy Face You can update your phone. Thanks. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 248
Message 13 of 248

kenzkee, I have issues with Fast capture too. it takes almost 3/4 seconds to take a shot. Slightly frowning Face Also, I dont't see any difference in image quality, Yeah, 1ghz won't fix the camera.

Anyway, I'm not lucky. My GPS don't work at all. :|

One time poster
Message 14 of 248
Message 14 of 248

Thaks a lot, I try it and now is phone like with GB ROM Winking Face

But I still have one problem (after I update to ICS), I can't shut off my phone Slightly frowning Face when I shut it off, phone is reboot and start again itself, without SIM PIN code prompt Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 15 of 248
Message 15 of 248

so making xperia go go to 1000mhz does the battery drains more than usual?..

when rooting will it invalid the warranty of xperia go?..

Visitor
Message 16 of 248
Message 16 of 248

@xfahim

yoh, hehe i updated my xGO to ICS without rooting it, i'm not having too much problems with my phone at all

The only difference is

1. Fast Capture takes like 2 to 4 seconds

2. Maybe a little laggy but not so much that you'd notice it right away, its mostly on the settings page tho ( i wonder if i should root it )

3. I hate the ICS email client, i can't refresh the combined view of all email addresses

( or i just don't know how to)

Still playing with settings for better performance,

and too bad, still can't install apps to EXT_CRD ( external card ).

If i root my phone what advantages do i get?

I hear lots of good reviews about rooting but they're from Other phones or models,

but not much on xGO

well i want to try those cenogen( or was it xenogen? ) mods that gives cool themes, other than limited themes of Xperia

Best Regards,

Bones

One time poster
Message 17 of 248
Message 17 of 248

bonesnatch, Okey. fast capture is SLOW in ICS. By powering up your CPU the time might reduce.

If you root your phone, you can get the full performance of your phone. Slightly smiling Face

And you can uninstall the mail client too. Slightly smiling Face

One thing, have you tried playing Gameloft HD games in ICS? Let me know how that went.

Well, rooted phone is no bad. and if you think about the warrenty, you can easilt unroot the phone using the same tool I mentioned above. There's a lot of app that needs root access. (I mostly use AdAway, which one removes ALL the annoying ad's in Frerware apps. :smileygrinSlightly smiling Face

oh, and thats Cynogen Mod. Dizzy Face Sorry but they hasn't released any mod for our Go, we have too wait. Slightly smiling Face

Fahim.

Visitor
Message 18 of 248
Message 18 of 248

xfahim

It seems now to work for me, when i hit "restore" nothing is happening, and the .bat is running like "Forever"

any ideas why?

Thanks in advance,

Bones

One time poster
Message 19 of 248
Message 19 of 248

bonesnatch, You enabled USB debugging? Try again. :S That thing worked for like, every xperia 2012 users. :S