account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Random Videos Play Since Recent UK (EE) Update (Oct 2015)

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Random Videos Play Since Recent UK (EE) Update (Oct 2015)

Since my wife received an update on her Z3 Compact her phone has started to play videos at random?

Todays random play list includes

• Sanding down dents in cars
  • Bio Diesel

Neither of these things are even things that my wife would ever look at on her phone.

Even if the were, it is VERY concerning that this has started to happen, raising questions of secrity being compromised.

What is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Random Videos Play Since Recent UK (EE) Update (Oct 2015)

Hi @Aloonatron

Please, boot your device into safe mode as explained here. If this issue is not present in this mode, that indicates a third party app is causing the problem. In this case exit Safe Mode and then un-install any third party apps you don't need and clear the cache/data for the apps you want to keep. I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

If same thing happens in safe mode, could you go to the dialer and enter: *#*#73556673#*#* to see if the retail demo is activated?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

OK, so I am sat with it now.

There is the sound of a video (I assume) telling me how to make bio diesel.

There are no apps running, I have closed all apps from Settings > apps > running.

only things left are smart connect and system apps.

This only started to happen after recent updare:

D5803

8974-AAAAANAZQ-00094-51

23.4.A.1.200

This is highly disturing, and blaiming thrid party apps is lame, when it's only started to happen after a Sony update.

You really expect me to unload an app, wait a day r, unload anotehr app, wait a daya or 2....?

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

By the way, it would be a really strage demo if that's what Sony decided to show of their device, but who knows.

Anywho,

Safe mode was really quite annoying, as it stops anything from working apart from basic Sony and Google Apps. So could not be used for that long, so maybe we'll have to wait for another time.

Oh, and when reverting to normal mode, all widgets had vanisehd and had to log back in to everything.

Annoying.

Will have to wait and see about safe mode, for a time when my wife doesn't need to use her phone.