account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Question about latest Lollipop version, Doze/Stamina mode and upgrade notifications!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Question about latest Lollipop version, Doze/Stamina mode and upgrade notifications!

So after the flap(s) on my Z3C started getting worn down I switched "up" to the Z5C. I have yet to upgrade even once as I know that Stamina Mode is basically now. Is this still the case? I can't seem to find anything other than some random blog posts about "Stamina is coming back" and such but nothing about it's functionality and if it stays the same as pre-Marshmallow.

Anyhow, since I haven't upgraded once from stock it's kinda sluggish compared to the Z3C to be honest. I was thinking I could upgrade to the last Lollipop upgrade before Marshmallow and at least get some fixes/speed ups from the small upgrades leading to the big one. Thing is, it's hard to find info on it. I live in Sweden but always use english on all my devices. Not sure if there's a difference in there but don't want to mess up carrier availability and such.

Another thing that bothers me is that whenever I go into Apps -> Software Update and click Force Stop, it only works for a number of days / a week or two before it pops up again and all those notifications come back. I've wiped data, cache and all but I still get notifications after a while of it being "stopped". It just starts up automatically. Can I stop this from happening at all? Why are updates forced on users anyway? The problem is that it's not just one, but for EVERY Sony app (albums, music, etc). I basically get like 20 notifications at once.

Anyway, bottom line is this: How is Stamina Mode today on the Z5C and are there any more changes coming? What is the last Lollipop version available and where can I find it? I mean the official build of course, nothing modified.

Thanks for reading, hope I can get this figured out!

[EDIT]

I might as well add a small question. While searching I found another thread with "suggestions for the XZ". One of them being "Bring small apps back". Have they removed this from Marshmallow or just from upcoming Nougat? Is this another genious move or a Google forced one?

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Question about latest Lollipop version, Doze/Stamina mode and upgrade notifications!

if you use the search bar you should be able to find other posts on similar topics.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Question about latest Lollipop version, Doze/Stamina mode and upgrade notifications!

Considering my questions, what should I search for? IF I search for "Stamina" or "Lollipop" I only find people having issues with them. Sure there are 20+ pages of threads but the first few don't address this particular issue.

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@Anthraxious There you go:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/How-to-configure-the-doze-mode-and-waits-in-marshmal... - about doze

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Android-Marshmallow-No-stamina-mode/m... - stamina removed in the first build

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/New-STAMINA-mode-needs-improvement/m-... - suggestions for stamina

Some of your apps will be restarted because that's how the system works or until a restart. Also, related to your question about lollipop, latest software update is called marshmallow.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thanks a bunch for those links, although I was curious about the Lollipop buidls alone, not Marshmallow at all. Just the LP builds. What is the latest in the LP line before Marshmallow got released. Is it the one I posted in the main thread?

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Which one did you post in the main thread?

According to XB, this could be the last on LP:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/12/01/new-update-32-0-a-6-200-now-rolling-to-xperia-z5-series/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Ah yes, the .200 one is the one I was referring to. Thank you for that link! I must've mistaken it with the reddit thread I made where I posted E5823_Customized NOBA_1298-7782_32.0.A.6.200_R13B this as something I had downloaded. I know it says customized and such but afaik this is the one for people from scandinavia to get. Not sure though how it differs from, let's say, the UK or any other version. I always use english on my devices anyway so the language options aren't as interesting. Although the functionality is.

Once again, thanks for confirming!