account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0

Does Sony sell charger that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 for my Sony Z3 Compact tablet? 

Or should look at other charger manufactors? Any suggestion would be helpful 

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0

Not quite
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

You can read @Rickard 's answer here

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Qualcomm-Quick-Charge-2-0-for-UK-Z3C/td-p/894635/pa...

We forwarded this internally for more information some time ago and the information i got is that Z3 Compact does support Quick Charge 2.0. The following Xperia devices supports Quick Charge 2.0:

Xperia™ Z3 CompactXperia™ Z3 Tablet CompactXperia™ Z2 TabletXperia™ Z3 (only Japanese variants SO-01G, SOL26 and 401SO)Xperia™ Z2 (only Japanese variant SO-03F)

Of our docking stations, only DK48 supports it.

But i don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger so i haven't been able to test how much faster it will charge.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

We currently don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger available i'm afraid but your tablet supports Quick Charge 2.0. So to use Quick Charge 2.0 at the moment you will need to look for 3:rd party chargers that supports this but i haven't tested any so i can't make any recommendation.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I have a HTC quick charger.  I have to say my initial testing has been very disappointing.  I haven't noticed anything perceptable in the speed.  Actually I've been using an Orico 4 hub charger that does a faster job than the supposedly quick charger.