account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 for UK Z3C?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 45
Message 11 of 45

Re: Does the z3c support Quick Charge 2.0?

The Z3 Compact does support Quick Charge 2.0 but we currently don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger on the market.
Note that if you want to use Quick Charge 2.0 over the magnetic connector the charging dock must also support Quick Charge 2.0. Our DK48 supports it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 12 of 45
Message 12 of 45

That's good to know and I will order a quick charge certified charger to go with my DK48 charging dock. I also have a couple of Magnector X-202 charging cables, does any-one know if these are capable of using quick charge 2.0 if connected to a certified charger? 

Rookie
Message 13 of 45
Message 13 of 45

I took Thommo's advice above and contacted the Sony Xperia contact centre and asked the following question

Can you confirm whether an Xperia Z3 Compact purchased in the UK as a Christmas present is qualcomm quick charge 2.0 enabled as I would like confirmation before I purchase in a quick charge 2.0 charger.

Here is the response from Gregor Innes, Sony Xperia UK Customer Services:-

In regards to your current case I can advise that this is not something that I know the Xperia Z3 Compact handset has. This may be something that is introduced in later models, but we cannot advise the compatability of a Sony product with a third party manufacturer, without this first being tested.

So now I have two answers but which one of correct?

Emperor
Message 14 of 45
Message 14 of 45

Go with @Rickard 's answer

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

Thank you! I will be buying a Quick Charge 2.0 charger soon for my trip abroad.

Rookie
Message 16 of 45
Message 16 of 45

Does anyone know if Quick Charge 2.0 chargers will charge at 5V, 9V or 12V? Standard Android phones charge at 5V at varying amperages. 

Rookie
Message 17 of 45
Message 17 of 45

@uliwooly wrote:

Go with @Rickard 's answer

@uliwooly - But Rickard's answer is the opposite to your answer?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 45
Message 18 of 45

We forwarded this internally for more information some time ago and the information i got is that Z3 Compact does support Quick Charge 2.0. The following Xperia devices supports Quick Charge 2.0:

• Xperia™ Z3 Compact
  • Xperia™ Z3 Tablet Compact
  • Xperia™ Z2 Tablet
  • Xperia™ Z3 (only Japanese variants SO-01G, SOL26 and 401SO)
  • Xperia™ Z2 (only Japanese variant SO-03F)

Of our docking stations, only DK48 supports it.

But i don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger so i haven't been able to test how much faster it will charge.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Miu
One time poster
Message 19 of 45
Message 19 of 45

I'd like to see how long it would take to charge. If anyone has bought a quick charger 2.0 and tested it, please give us some feedback.

Thanks Rickard for your information.

One time poster
Message 20 of 45
Message 20 of 45

I have bought the pure gear extreem USB wall charger.

bothe the Z3 compact and the charger is listed in qualcom's site. though i am not seeing aany differance with charging. I tried with USB and magnetic. any info anyone can procide about this? i saw in a forum the motorolla infdicates that the phone is in quick charge mode. is the case same for Xperia Z3 compact as well?