account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Protective screen film

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Protective screen film

My Xperia Z3 came with a factory installed screen film, as well as a front and back film included in the box.  I applied the front and back film, the front one on top of the factory installed film.  

Both layers of the front film have lifted - the factory installed film was applied lopsided and leaves an edge that is easily caught.  I have only had the phone since May.  I know I can buy replacement protectors (glass and plastic types).  I would like to keep the factory installed film, with the logo, on the phone but there are now particles on the "sticky" side of the film.  Can I clean this? How?  Should I just replace it?  With a glass or plastic protector?

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Protective screen film

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any method to clean this. Could you perhaps post some photos of this so we can look closer?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for replying.  Unfortunately, my "camera" is my Z3, lol, so I can't do a photo.  The film looks like it is bubbled in a number of places.  But the bubbles are caused by tiny bits of dust, so wont smooth out.  What do you suggest?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Okay, I understand. Well Xperia Z3 does not have any ASF (anti shatter film) so to me, this sounds like a screen protector that has been applied. Therefore, I think you would be able to remove it without losing your logos and apply a new screen protector.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Well, the phone did indeed come with this plastic installed, and it does indeed have the logo on it. The box did indeed have an additional plastic screen and back protector. I understand that it isn't the anti shatter film of previous models.  I don't want this to sound rude, but could you please check with other people?  I really need to know what to do.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

That sounds strange. We are aware that this can be the case for older models but the Xperia Z3 should not have any ASF or screen protector applied from factory, other than a shipment protecting film which is blurry and should be removed before use.

Since it's hard to examine this over a forum I suggest that you contact your local support team to have this examined at a local retailer or repair center to figure out what has happened.

Local support.

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Take some photos in a mirror bro Winking Face