account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems with Sony Xperia C4

rgn
One time poster
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Problems with Sony Xperia C4

I bought Sony Xperia C4 dual and it's screen not working properly. when ever i make calls it's screen goes off.when i approached sony service centre they are sayin no problem with the phone.

11 REPLIES 11
Master
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Problems with Sony Xperia C4

Well, the screen should turn off when you put the phone to your ear, this to avoid you accidentally pressing the screen with your ear.

If the screen however doesn't light up again after you've removed the phone, it might be something wrong. You could try to repair the phone via PC Companion for example:  PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I'm aware the screen is suppose to blackout once your on the phone but it should light up once your call is done and you press the button on the side or the screen so you can end that call ,my screen remains black once I'm done with a call even pressing the button on the sides doesn't seem to work so I can't even end a call once am done,my week old c4 dual seems to have the same problem even after  a software repair so I would like to know what is the next step to follow to fix this.thank you in advance

Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

take up with your local service station. 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

problem in xperia c4

I brought new xperia c4 but during call the screen goes black and phone does not respond. I have to switch off and restart. But sometimes screens appears during call. I do not have any screen cover on my phone.
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Re: problem in xperia c4

Sony please look into this issue.. many complaining for the same 

Genius
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Re: problem in xperia c4

Hi @ghaf

I suggest you to first run a backup of the device information like this:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Backup-amp-Transfer/m-p/407253#U407253

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion:

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

This will factory reset your phone and erase all data. You might need tocharge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery. Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device). Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process. If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

I hope can be useful.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I took the back off of my sony xperia c4 and now it wont work? how do I fix it and how do I put in a sim card?

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I had to do a master reset after I downloaded an app for my son.  When I did, the Xperia Protection app went off asking me to Authenticate my google credentials.  When I did I got a "Unfortunately, Xperia Helper has stopped" pop up and wouldn't let me Authenticate.  I proceded to do a software repair to try and fix this issue and to my despair, it didn't work.  When will we see a repair for this problem?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

My xperia C4 suddenly went into protected screen. After running repairs from pc companion the phone opens for about 15 seconds then reverts. The security option shows off, so no reason for this to kick off. When i try to try authenticate it does not work and instead it shows xperia helper has stopped working. The local sony repair store says they cannot help. Sony please help me resolve this software glitch.