account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LiveSound MH-1 when using outdoor

Anonymous
N/A
Message 11 of 58
Message 11 of 58

Re: Problems with LiveSound MH-1 when using outdoor

I usually have the phone in my inside pocket of my jacket. Because of the low temperetaure outside I also have a coat. Therefore the phone remains warm. The main part of the cable is also inside the outerwear. The cable is only exposed to the cold air approximately from the point where the cable is divided in to two cables. This means of course that the control is exposed to the cold air as well.

I have had the phone in my jeans too (in the manner you describe it) and the problem is the same.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 12 of 58
Message 12 of 58

Hi, im in the UK and have just returned my headphones to the sony contact centre who are offering to replace them. i used them for about a day then walking to work, not particularly cold, the sound in the left earpiece dropped to a minimum, 10 minutes later the right ear piece did exactly the same thing. Then then sound never came back to full volume. I was advised to send them to the repair centre, which i did, they were then returned without being fixed as the repair centre do not repair headphones... shambles... eventually the sony contact centre agreed to send a replacement. This however concerns me a little that its not a one off..

Anonymous
N/A
Message 13 of 58
Message 13 of 58

Hello Clabbe100!

My wife has the exact same problem as you!

When she comes home, after a while the sound works fine again. Next time she takes a walk outside playing music the sound drops. First in one earbud then on the other.

Its difficult to convince the dealer that there is a problem when it works when you describe the problem to them.

She has a Xperia Ray with the LiveSound earphones and Android 2.3.4, version on SE 4.0.2.A.0.42. She have had this problem from the firs day for a month now.

Oracle
Message 14 of 58
Message 14 of 58

Just to let you all know, I have created a ticket on this and escalated it for more thorough investigation. I will keep you all updated here in this thread as I get more info.

A big thanks to all of you for providing all this detailed information. smile happy

Anonymous
N/A
Message 15 of 58
Message 15 of 58

Thanks for looking into this Markus.

I'm having the same issue. I got my LiveSound MH-1 headphones with an xperia ray when I upgraded about 2 weeks ago.

I noticed the problem after the first couple of days. After about 10mins use the right bud goes very quiet. This doesn't seem to be directly affected by being outside as it first happened when I was exercising on a cross trainer in doors. It also happens on the bus on the way to work.

I'm no expert but I wonder if it's caused by moisture/condensation build up within the bud...?

Oracle
Message 16 of 58
Message 16 of 58

This is new and valuable info. I'll make sure to add this to the escalation I've made.

Thanks!

Anonymous
N/A
Message 17 of 58
Message 17 of 58

Same problem. Got it with Xperia Ray. Left ear goes low at least 50% then right when use outdoors for more then 10-15 minutes. Test it with ipod classic - same shit...

Oracle
Message 18 of 58
Message 18 of 58

Just to update all of you. We are still looking into this. No new info available though.

Anonymous
N/A
Message 19 of 58
Message 19 of 58

No news I suppose?

I have looked into this problem a bit more and I get more frustrated the more information I recieve. It seems like practically no other headset on the market other than the Livesound headset is compatible with Xperia Neo when it comes to controlling the music and volume. This is due top the fact that SE have choosen to use another standard for the 3,5 mm plug than the vast majority of the other phone manufacturers (incl. Iphone) do. How come?

This would be a minor problem (for me anyway) if there only were a headset from SE with a reasonable pricing that actually work. As long as that is not true the situation is very unsatisfactory.

Is there any other headset on the market that is compatible with the SE Neo phone? I want to be able to skip tracks and change the volume when listening to music as well as answering phone calls. For me that is reasonable requirements for a phone in this price range.

Oracle
Message 20 of 58
Message 20 of 58

No news, no. Sorry.

We use the standard OMTP which is very common.

Have a look here and you'll see we're not the only ones using this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMTP

So, basically and theoretically all headsets with OMTP should be supported. Make sure to check with the manufacturer to be sure though. It can be a bit more complicated when there's a controller on the wire.