account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems and bugs with KitKat 4.4.4 (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Highlighted
Learner
Message 111 of 167
Message 111 of 167

camera crashes

Hello!
After making few shoots my camera crashes. The shoot is frized on the screen. Just powering off/on button is works. Sometimes shoot is saved on the phone sometimes - no. Sometimes I need to reset phone to keep use it. Kitkat 4.4, last firmware. I've reinstalled the firmware from pc compain. And I've erase all data via factory reset. Nothing helps unfortunately. I really tied of this problem. Please help. It's my 4th Sony phone. I hope it's not last
 Sony z1 compact.

Rookie
Message 112 of 167
Message 112 of 167

Re: camera crashes

Mine too Angry Face

Rookie
Message 113 of 167
Message 113 of 167

Re: Problems and bugs with KitKat 4.4.4

Since I updated my android, typyng speed went terrible!
It's like I just type and the whole word appears once
I mean I cant see characters and
Other problem is I got lots of forced closes
Btw I have xperia z
Rookie
Message 114 of 167
Message 114 of 167

Re: Problems and bugs with KitKat 4.4.4

As you can see I just typed "typyng" instead. Of "typing" 😒
One time poster
Message 115 of 167
Message 115 of 167

Battery drainsfaster after recent phone update

Battery of my Z1 compact started draining faster after the recent phone update. Has anyone noticed such an issue.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 116 of 167
Message 116 of 167

Bugs 14.4.A.0.157

Dear Sony,

I have the Z1 Compact 4.4.4 with build number 14.4.A.0.157 and I want to report two bugs that were also in 14.4.A.0.108.
First of all, in Call Settings, the Increasing Volume won't work. If I enable or disable it it's the same think, it's ringing at max. from start. Please fix this.

Secondly, this is very, very strange, but in the game 'Don't touch the spikes' from Ketchapp, I have a really strange lag everytime I unlock the phone with the game being in stand-by. I mean, I keep the game open, I lock the phone, Unlock it, and then enter in the game, and surprise, for at least 1-1:30 minutes I have lag. This is happening everytime just when I unlock my phone and immediately play the game from stand-by. This bug can be found also in this app, in which is really worse: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=shree.ganesh.mms.bhkr

Send some messages to a number. Then keep the conversation open, lock-unlock the phone and see what it happens. Try again if the bug doesn't appear. I tried to do a screenshot, but when I done it, the pic looked normal, without strange little white lines on entire screen that appears. Remember, I saw this bug espacially in these apps. I didn't have lag at all in any other apps. I have 2GB phone memory
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 117 of 167
Message 117 of 167

Re: Bugs 14.4.A.0.157

I have 2GB of free memory.
One time poster
Message 118 of 167
Message 118 of 167

Re: Problems and bugs with KitKat 4.4.4 (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Ever since the 4.4.4 update on my z1 phone ihavent been able to play my favourite game properly, Racing Rivals, it keeps crashing and I've spent a lot of real money on it, does the problem be with the game company Glu, or with this update
Visitor
Message 119 of 167
Message 119 of 167

Re: Problems and bugs with KitKat 4.4.4 (14.4.A.0.155 and .157)

Recently done my update last week and since then, the battery of my Z1 drained at a very fast rate.  My friend has a Z3, he too experiencing the same issue.

Any fix for this issue?

Message 120 of 167
Message 120 of 167

Lock screen not locking with latest update

I've jsut done the last update and I cant remeber if this has changed but I'm finding it really annoying.  First of all using 'swipe' to unlock, then when locked if I touch the clock part whilst it's in my pocket it gives a little beep.  However, worse is that if you pull down from the top with the screen locked, then you can still get into the notifications and quick settings menu.  And then from there into any notifications.  So I've now started accidentally dialing anyone that's sent me a text as it pocket selects a text, then hols down on their number at the top of the text. 

If I put a pattern or other 'secure' lock screen I can stop this, but is there a way to:-

1) stop the beep/click on the lockscreen clock

2) not allow access to the notifications drop down when on swipe lock?

Thanks