account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem to pair Xperia Z1 Compact with BMW idrive

Visitor
Message 21 of 47
Message 21 of 47

Re: Problem to pair Xperia Z1 Compact with BMW idrive

Just to give you guys some piece of mind, this is not an issue related to the Xperia.  Bluetooth on Android itself is very buggy.  I own three Android devices (including the Xperia Z1 Compact) and have faced all of the following with both my cars:

1. Note 3 - when bluetooth is paired, at random times the phone will completely hang.

2. Note 3 - streaming audio, when a call comes in bluetooth crashes and call cannot be answered. After this happened three times I stopped using the phone completely.

3. HTC One - bluetooth shows connected, but no music is transmitted over bluetooth. The fix is to make a phone call, or just use the dialer - and then audio works.

4. HTC One - bluetooth connected, even shows up on the car's stereo - music doesn't stream; but hitting the next/previous track works great.

So this might not be something that's specific to the Z1.

One time poster
Message 22 of 47
Message 22 of 47

For the last few weeks I have tried to get my Jeep to accept my phone book from my Z1. It just freezes with downloading phone book displayed in car. Oviously the device is connected and paired before this occurs.

Just tried wife's Iphone 5. Works perfectly even with voice control.

So car OK and Bluetooth is the problem!

When is Sony going to fix this problem?

One time poster
Message 23 of 47
Message 23 of 47

Just received this phone. Tried to connect with my Opel Astra Sports Tourer.  The phone gets paired. But refuses to download contacts. Also I cannot control the phone. Cannot pick up or dial numbers....Please fix this Sony! It's a great phone but this is very annoying!

One time poster
Message 24 of 47
Message 24 of 47

Exactly the same problem with my Opel Astra Edition.

Bluetooth connects, however contacts and calling logs are not downloaded.

Incoming calls cannot be received with the car-buttons.

Inhabitant
Message 25 of 47
Message 25 of 47

I have upgraded my Xperia Z1 Compact to latest version of firmware, please see this for more information

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/27/xperia-z1-on-telekom-deutschland-sees-14-2-a-1-142-firmware-rol...

However the connection between idrive and Xperia Z1 Compact is little bit better it disconnects after couple of minutes and then reconnects. If you talk with someone on the phone you have to switch to the Xperia Z1 Compact and use the microphone and speakers on the phone.

This is of course not good - but is better

Adviser
Message 26 of 47
Message 26 of 47

it's exactly what's happening with my Z1C and Mercedes-Benz Audio 20.

Phone and Car paired well, but every 2 minutes bluetooth comunication ends and it reconnect after 30 minutes.... It's impossible to use as both Bluetooth Audio and Hands Free device.

SONY PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!! 

Adviser
Message 27 of 47
Message 27 of 47

I use the bluetooth car handsfree "Sony HCB-108" and after a few minutes the handsfree disconnects.

If i reconnect ... a few minutes later - the same problem as before.

I made a factory reset on the hcb108 - no success

My Z1c have the  .114 firmware installed.

With my previous phone (Xperia P) i never had any troubles with the handsfree set!

Sony pls fix this issues on upcoming firmwares....

Adviser
Message 28 of 47
Message 28 of 47

Sony Support today using chat feature told me that I'm the first person to tell us something about this problem.....

Well, No words! Angry Face

Highlighted
Adept
Message 29 of 47
Message 29 of 47

A couple of days ago i asked in a support chat if with the Ford Synch bluetooth system installed by Ford in every B-Max car i might have some issues with bluetooth pairing using the Z1C.

It's a simple question that a potential customer might ask after reading this thred...here's what they answered to me (I'm from Italy, the chat was in english 'cause it seems that we don't have any chat support here in Italy...)

I suppose that there's the possibility that some bluetooth car system doesn't support some Android SW version...if anyone can confirm or prove i'm wrong please let me know Slightly smiling Face

My two cents..

Sony chat.JPG

Adviser
Message 30 of 47
Message 30 of 47

Ciao il_vecio,

chat feature in Italy exists, but it's better not to use it... they replied to update the software (a very good advice, after have said the software is updated Face with rolling Eyes ) and they close the session immediately without the possibility to reply something....

I've said this just to let you know how the assistance works.........