account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Highlighted
Adept
Message 151 of 167
Message 151 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Hello KUCH, i can't find in the thread what was your problem. Did your phone crack on front or rear glass? Did you use the Sony top care Service?

Thanks in advance
Learner
Message 152 of 167
Message 152 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

My turn. The front glass broke _without_ me dropping the phone or causing any physical stress to it. Here in Romania, any damage to the screen is _NOT_ covered under warranty, no matter the cause. The price quoted for repair is 50% of the new phone price (approx 250 euros to be exact, while the phone can be bought new for less than 500 euros). The worst buying/ownership experience I've ever had, and definitely my last Sony product ever.

Learner
Message 153 of 167
Message 153 of 167

Exactly. Honestly, I've been reading reports about the glass breaking without any reason, and I just did not believe them. I always thought "come you, you dropped it, you had keys in your pocket, the screen cannot break by itself...."... until it happened to me. Wish I believed these reports before buying the phone.

Regular
Message 154 of 167
Message 154 of 167

Same. I enjoyed this phone for a month. Then found out about the random cracks that appear on the back but felt i could live with that! 

I have never dropped it, not even once, not even 2cm! 

then today, in my pocket like usual, drove to work got out, screen COMPLELTY shattered and no touch screen working AT ALL! nothing else in my pocket at all to cause this!

its a shame, i am going to have to go back to my iphone 4 or 5! they never broke when it was in my pocket! massively out of pocket Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 155 of 167
Message 155 of 167

@il_vecio wrote:
Hello KUCH, i can't find in the thread what was your problem. Did your phone crack on front or rear glass? Did you use the Sony top care Service?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

You can find it on this page

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Probable-PRODUCTION-FAULT-glass-broke-from-2cm-drop...

OeO
One time poster
Message 156 of 167
Message 156 of 167

DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!!!!

I read about these issues here before bying this phone but was still stupid enough to think that Sony can not make such a phone for real. Less than a month from purchase I was out eating with my girlfriend and used my phone in the restaurant and everything was fine. After eating we went home and I took the phone out of my pocket and the glass was completely shattered and the the phone did not respond to any touch anymore!! I had loose shorts and nothing else in the same pocket. The phone did NOT hit ANYTHING on the way. Omg... Just unbelievable Sony... I WANT MY MONEY BACK THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

One time poster
Message 157 of 167
Message 157 of 167

3 months and the back is already busted, i didn't drop it more than 3 times, seems like the 3rd time was fatal, this is clearly a production fault, a totally made from plastic back would be alot better?.Now the waterproof sistem is useless. Great job Sony!

Visitor
Message 158 of 167
Message 158 of 167

I have the same problem but my phone not dropped
Visitor
Message 159 of 167
Message 159 of 167

Mines cracked too!
Message 160 of 167
Message 160 of 167

I poster earlier in this thread as mine suprisingly broke some time ago from a very light knock, I didn't end up getting anywhere and I haven't replaced it.

However I find it interesting that since then I have slammed my phone much harder many times and there have been no further cracks at all, even the existing cracks havnt grown.

Something definitely doesn't seem right regardless of naysayers comments...