account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Enthusiast
Message 81 of 167
Message 81 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Is there anybody from India who have got this fixed free of cost??

One time poster
Message 82 of 167
Message 82 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Mine also is broken, never again Sony.

z3c.png

One time poster
Message 83 of 167
Message 83 of 167

I did not even drop mine. I had had it for a month, PUT it down on a table(out  of wood), and the whole front shattered into millions of pieces...IMG_3976.JPG

I bought it from a swedish carrier (telia) and they refused to use the warranty, they even said the warranty wouldn't cover broken screens (what?)

The very kind man in the store where I brought the phone, said that he thought the warranty would cover it and that there should be no more questions, but then the company that should repare the phone decided that I had to pay half of the original price to fix it...

Anyone who did not even drop the phone? Or who has a phone that shattered like this?

Apprentice
Message 84 of 167
Message 84 of 167

It happened to me yesterday. The phone was in my pocket :-)

phone

Highlighted
Adept
Message 85 of 167
Message 85 of 167

I'm sorry to hear that... Was it in your rear or front pocket? Did you use cover? it seems This phone Is Waaay fragile...
Apprentice
Message 86 of 167
Message 86 of 167

>I'm sorry to hear that... Was it in your rear or front pocket? Did you use cover? it seems This phone Is Waaay fragile...

In the front pocket and I don't use any cover  ..

Enthusiast
Message 87 of 167
Message 87 of 167

Some people on this forum says that Z3 uses DragonTail, but by counting number of cases which is growing every day and circumstances under which these screens are cracking shows that it is definetly not a DragonTail glass. (I challenge)

There is no official word from SONY about which class of glass they are using in Z3. which is forcing me to think that it is ordinary glass which can break easily and for repairs it will cost more then $200 USD.

Logic seems to be simple... 

1. One person buys the phone, breaks its glass within 10 days, goes for repair, after repair get rid of device.

2. SONY looses first customer... .who says this is my last SONY device

3. Person who buys it faces the same, pays for repair, after repair get rid of the device.

4. SONY looses second customer... who says this is my last SONY device

5. Cycle continues and every month SONY gets its loins share from service center.

6. After 6 months new launch... new buyer buys device thinking that issue must have been resolved or people who says that SONY uses sub-standard glass is just an attempt to justify there own carelessness.

7. Cycle continues from step number 1.

So even though SONY have very little market share, it is making huge profit on each device.

Message 88 of 167
Message 88 of 167

Sony staff is on this froum,why don't you listen to them if they say Dragon Trail?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Which-brand-of-glass-is-on-Xperia-Z3-Compact/m-p/83...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 89 of 167
Message 89 of 167

@alexdon wrote:

Sony staff is on this froum,why don't you listen to them if they say Dragon Trail?

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Which-brand-of-glass-is-on-Xperia-Z3-Compact/m-p/83...

@alexdon 

Any idea about what Z3 uses (not Z3C) in front and back?

Following are the comments by Rickard (Sony Xperia support) - Corning Gorilla website don't mention any of the Sony product. Sony website have not publised it anywhere, it is just a comment in one of the forum. And I would like to challenge them to proove it.

We use a durable tempered glass on both the front and back of the phone. The front glass is either Gorilla or Dragontrail as we use both on this model. There's no way to make sure you get a certain glass but both glasses are among the best in the industry. For the back i'm afraid i don't have any information on the make.

On the Z3 we only use Gorilla for the display glass but as on Z3 Compact i don't have any information on the make of the tempered glass on the back.

Enthusiast
Message 90 of 167
Message 90 of 167

@Alexdon

Can you please help us to get answers from Sony Xpeira Support

Thanks in advance