account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Forum Legend
Message 71 of 167
Message 71 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Use a USB OTG cable and connect a USB mouse to take control of your devices touch ability

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 72 of 167
Message 72 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Same happened to me, though it dropped 30-40 cm on a wooden floor. Front glass broke, phone didn`t work after. 

Used it for 5 days...

I think they`re might have problems with internal tension/stress that makes the screen/glass brake very easily. 

Been in contact with both dealer and Sony but they of course refuse to take this as a warranty. 

Bad product-worse service!

One time poster
Message 73 of 167
Message 73 of 167

The back of my Z3C has also cracked unexpectedly overnight. Had the phone for a few days and haven't even inserted a SIM yet or taken it out of the house. Sending it back this week.

crack.jpg

One time poster
Message 74 of 167
Message 74 of 167

Both me and my best friend got a Z3 because of my experience with the Z1, which was glorious!
Unfortionatly both me and my friends Z3s backcover cracked after less than 5 days use... No dropp, no nothing.
Front pocket with no other items. 

There are seriosly no marks of damage other than 2 clean cracks on the back. 

What the **bleep** Sony? 

Rookie
Message 75 of 167
Message 75 of 167

My back screen's cracked too! It lasted me 30 days and now it's shattered. 

13589804.jpg

Rookie
Message 76 of 167
Message 76 of 167

UK users, have you got it fixed under the warranty, and if not, how much did it cost to get it done?

Visitor
Message 77 of 167
Message 77 of 167

Had my phone 2 weeks, took it out of my pocket today and noticed a crack on the one along one bottom corners on the back of the phone. It looks like I may have bumped it against something while it was in my pocket, but absolutely nothing major. Really annoying because Im waiting for a case to be delivered and a bump should really not cause glass to crack. I owned an iPhone 4s before this and used it 3 years with no case and it has no scratches, cracks, dents or anything.

Also the painted plastic that frames the glass is noticeably worn in one place, like the sheen has been scraped off.

Same question as above, though Im not really sure if I want another Z3C if theyre all going to crack this easily.

Real shame because this phone is perfect in every other respect.. just all wrapped up with awful materials...

Apprentice
Message 78 of 167
Message 78 of 167

In Spain, 220€ repair the screen

Highlighted
Adept
Message 79 of 167
Message 79 of 167

@Harry3: sorry to hear about the damage...did you have any sort of cover on the phone? (bumper or flip one)
Visitor
Message 80 of 167
Message 80 of 167

No I dont have a case on it but annoyingly I ordered a Ringke fusion one at the weekend but still waiting for it to arrive.

I've also noticed two smudges on the rear, one just above the flash and one on the XPERIA logo on the bottom, both refuse to go away, like its been blemished? Just adds to the evidence that the back is made of something that definetely isnt gorrila glass.