account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 167
Message 11 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: back glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

xperia_crack.jpg

One time poster
Message 12 of 167
Message 12 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: back glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Didn't even drop, it just broke after 4 days. I decided not to buy an Iphone6 due to the bending issue, and now this happens. I hope Sony takes care of this responsibly.

Adviser
Message 13 of 167
Message 13 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Same thing here, vertical crack, never dropped! My biggest concern is, are they going to replace this bad quality glass, with another bad quality glass?20141013_123454.jpg

Apprentice
Message 14 of 167
Message 14 of 167

Re: Probable PRODUCTION FAULT: glass broke from 2cm drop, add your voice if it happened to you

Bad... the Z3C was on my shortlist. But all this makes me want to look a bit further...
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 167
Message 15 of 167

Just to be fair - I still think the Z3 Compact is the best android phone on the market.

But this problem with the glass on the back is just not acceptable quality.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 16 of 167
Message 16 of 167

I own a Xperia T3 and I think its plastic back is fine (nice and strong).

In my humble opinion, this glass back is not a durable solution ...

It would be better to use metal or high quality plastic ...

Visitor
Message 17 of 167
Message 17 of 167

Same issue here, back cracked after charging, the phone never dropped, I assume this happened when I opened the side flap to charge it. Is Sony reporting any production fault for this, or did we just purchase the most fragile phone ever ?
Adviser
Message 18 of 167
Message 18 of 167

Not yet, but I hope they will admit it..

One time poster
Message 19 of 167
Message 19 of 167

Same issu here. I bopught by Sony Xperia Z3 Compact only 4 days ago. Noticed today a vertical crack on the back without dropping the phone. It is awkward. I previously had the Z1 Compact and it didn't have any crack although a massive use. 

What can I do?

IMG-20141013-WA0017.jpg

One time poster
Message 20 of 167
Message 20 of 167

Same problem here. Hopefully Sony The Netherlands will come up with a proper solution soon. Otherwise we'll have to rename the device as Xperia Z3Crack ;(

xperiaz3crack.jpg