account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Power Button and Volume Up Button

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Power Button and Volume Up Button

Good day everyone!

I'd just like to ask for help. I updated my Xperia Ultra C5 last night to Marshmallow 6.0. Everything went very well and I was able to use my phone immediately afterwards. However, an issue appeared. Whenever I would charge my phone, it would take some time for the LED to turn orange and the battery icon does not indicate that it's charging. Also, after I plug my phone, the power button and volume up button would stop working. I would have to push the reset button beside the SIM tray to turn it off, then use the power button to turn it on again. At this time, both buttons would go back to normal. However, they would stop functioning again when I charge the phone.

I guess wiping the cache partition would work, but I don't know how to go into recovery mode. I tried to Google ways to enter recovery mode but none works. Pushing the volume up and power button would only cause my device to vibrate once, then after a pause, vibrate three times.

If anyone could give suggestions or help, it would be very, very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! Slightly smiling Face

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Power Button and Volume Up Button

Hi @Junzen,

Welcome to the community.

This is a rather strange issue, an answer is not immediately jumping to mind on how to fix this. Can we try a few tests?

To start, can you please restart your phone in safe mode and let me know if the issue persists?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi CameronT,

Thank you for the quick response!

I booted into safe mode just now, and sadly, the issue still persists.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Junzen,

I see. I wonder if the update didn't install itself correctly. Can you please backup your phone and then run a software repair using Xperia Companion?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.