account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Poor coverage/ bad network

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Poor coverage/ bad network

I very recently brought a Z1 on eBay (not with standing the issues there) it has not been going so great. One of the selling points was that a couple of friends had them and had good/great coverage, but one of them had sent their's back under warranty to get this.

My is terrible, and after the way the eBay sale has gone I don't see me being able to go back though that path.

I have tried a system update but that was no help. Swapping my sim back to previous phones suggests that it is not the network.

Any Ideas??

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor coverage/ bad network

is your Xperia Z1 compatible with your carrier/network? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

The Xperia Z1 is working, but when I get near the edge of network coverage it has none in places where my previous phones had 1 or 2 bars.

Previous handset include an Xperia ion, Hawai XU1 and Galaxy s2

Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I have same problem.... :-(
Emperor
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

The bars don't quite represent the actual connection

go to settings > about phone > status > signal strength 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Ok. I hadn't checked that, can this help or just useful information? I knew the bars didn't mean much, I have had phones that always seem to have bars until you tried to use it. But if one phone can send and receive and the other can't is more important to me. And that is the real problem.

If other people I know have an Xperia Z1 that doesn't have this problem and mine does is there anything that I can do?

Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

The first thing you should do is repair your phone with SUS or PCC > do NOT install antivirus, taskillers, battery apps, etc 

and check again 

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355