account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Poor battery life after last update

Highlighted
Message 1 of 35
Message 1 of 35

Poor battery life after last update

Hello! I got my Z3 in March and when I got it I loved its long battery life. I'm a very heavy user of my phone and managed to get 8 hours of screen on time out of it in between charges. I'm not sure if it has been gradual or sudden but I've noticed that lately, the battery life on my phone only lasts for about 3 hours of screen on time. I use my phone for the same things as I did when I first got it.

When I got my phone it was preinstalled with 4.4.4, I got the 5.0.2 update in mid-april and I got the 5.1.1 update a few days ago.

Here's some screenshots of my battery usage. http://m.imgur.com/JWe4Bt4,ybDx4wq

Also, I have quite a good knowledge of how android works and what can drain battery etc.
When I got 8 hours of screen on time when I first got it I was running google now and google fit (step tracker) and I stopped using those when my battery life started getting worse.

Please help! Thanks.
Jack

34 REPLIES 34
Emperor
Message 2 of 35
Message 2 of 35

Re: Poor battery life the last month of two.

@LeaderSquirrel

Post more screenshots of the whole list and also the graph, tap on the top 5 items on the list and post the time they were running.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 35
Message 3 of 35

Here ya go. c:
Although I'm convinced it isnt a rogue application.
http://m.imgur.com/HsGC6xO,6ArPzuD,zZlBLnx,fzKo2WN,4F1Yl4D
Message 4 of 35
Message 4 of 35

@uliwooly
Emperor
Message 5 of 35
Message 5 of 35

@LeaderSquirrel

Could you upload all the other screenshots?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 35
Message 6 of 35

@uliwooly I did here http://m.imgur.com/HsGC6xO,6ArPzuD,zZlBLnx,fzKo2WN,4F1Yl4D
Also, it seems every time I reboot my battery percentages jumps from 37 to 66 to 44 :s
Emperor
Message 7 of 35
Message 7 of 35

@LeaderSquirrel

Lets try this

charge the phone 100% > use it as you normally would > once the battery is downto 10% take the following screenshots

1 the whole list

2 tap on the top 5 items on the list

3 the graph 

or you can repair the phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Message 8 of 35
Message 8 of 35

I'll try this out tomorrow. Thanks.
Emperor
Message 9 of 35
Message 9 of 35

@LeaderSquirrel

Anytime

Learner
Message 10 of 35
Message 10 of 35

Z3 factory new battery drain.

I've got a new Z3 device a week ago as replacement. Day I got it upgraded to 5.1.1. I consider myself a good user and my older Z3 I had zero problems with. (except service's fault made it non water resistant that's why it's changed free of charge) it drains fast.
Usual drain is 300-400mA with no third party apps running and stamina on wifi off min brightness. It hardly ever makes 12 hours. I checked calibration. 100% is 4,35volts and 0% is 3,5. I tried cache wipe and safe mode. No wakelocks or other problems in graphs. I can show anyway. Goes like screen 25 chrome 22 hangouts 9 Facebook 6 android 5 percent. Anything climbs up easily in percents which means screen or os isn't really the leak. But I can't find why it leaks still. Can someone help?