account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Please bring back the lock screen sparkles!

Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Please bring back the lock screen sparkles!

After upgrading to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) I notice the sparkles following your touch on the locks screen are gone.  Please bring them back!  It was one of the most beautiful interactive lock screen displays I've ever seen.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Please bring back the lock screen sparkles!

You need to forward your feedback to Xperia care - http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

That's right, the sparks effect was gorgeus, i hope that Sony put him back as soon as possible.

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

me too lol, I've just been trying to get it back for ages x
One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Lockscreen

Is there any way to get that fancy lockscreen from the previous version running on Lollipop? I really don't like the new one, since I can only swipe up to unlock and I miss the sparks.

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@Thommo - I did contact Sony support and was told by "Mayelin" (actual quote):

In regards to your inquiry, we are sincerely sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Please keep in mind that every update is different.

So, not so helpful.  Folks, make some noise on Twitter and maybe the actual developers will kick into gear: @SonyMobileNews

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I don't like the changes to the screen sparkles and the way I have to swipe it seems so awkward

Also on one of the screens I had a app or widget...not sure what it was but it had to do with the temperature with a small visual about the weather. After I upgraded it simply said 'network not connected '. I'm not sure how it was there in the first place but I sure liked it.I don't think I had it from day one with my tablet but I'm just not sure. Am I able to restore to prelollipop?  I was content with what I had. There are probably some good things about this new system but I have not experienced them yet

Demigod
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Some sort of sparkles are back in latest firmware for Xperia Z3 Compact. At least I noticed them after update last week. Maybe they will head into Z2 Tablet too. I can't say, because my version didn't receive Lollipop yet.

As of your widget - check if it's added into Stamina enabled apps. Otherwise it will not be able to connect to the internet when phone is locked.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)