account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pictures or screen shots importing themselves into an SMS

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Pictures or screen shots importing themselves into an SMS

I have a Z1 (my second one) with the same problem. When I open the text message icon to type a new message (directly open from the home page) and when it goes straight into who ever I left open previous it sometimes attempts to import the last picture I downloaded, took or screen shoot. It will then sit there until I notice and close it off or I press send and it will just seen the picture.

Can anyone help... I don't know if I have changed a setting or something (I do not think I have as I have barely done anything with this one) or if it is some kind of user error....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pictures or screen shots importing themselves into an SMS

How about settings-apps-all-media storage,clear defaults and restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

mine does not give me that option.

is there maybe a way to clear the clipboard?

Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Did this get sorted? I love my new xperia z1 but the one issue I have is that when I open the text message app to send or read a message the phone automatically fills the message box with a link to a tweet I'd previously text to a mate?!?!
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Try settings-aps-all-messages and clear data.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.