account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pictures get corrupted

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Pictures get corrupted

hi i've already formated my memorycard and repair by pc companion and sony update service but still doing the same thing.. any other options?

thnak you

Learner
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Same problem with my phone xperia l. Sample pictures attached please help

Screenshot_2013-11-04-20-59-06.pngScreenshot_2013-11-04-20-59-06.png

One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Recently experiencing same issue with Ion (LT28h), running 4.0.4. The OS/App just started replacing videos & photo's with an icon of two solid white moutains on a black background (with jagged "broken" line between). Not viewable on PC with USB attached, either. No help from Sony after more than a year? SOUNDS LIKE I NEED TO SWITCH TO WP8.1.

Visitor
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

I've experienced the exact same problem in my z3 compact. Everywhere I ask they tell me Sony xperia are notorious for corrupting sd cards. At first I was trying with a class 3, cheap 64gb sd card. After a while mp3 files that a put on wouldn't play and would get corrupted, same with photo and video.

So I bought an expensive Sony class 10 64gb. Burnt my pocket but figured it was the cheap sd card problem.. Went OK for a couple of weeks saving all my stuff to sd for games etc. But it started corrupting again for no reason. It's a huge shame but definitely going to move to another brand of smartphone. It's a huge inconvenience. And I see the same problem reported A LOT.