account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pictures get corrupted

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Pictures get corrupted

I have some issues with this phone. It didnt came with no sd card, so I used a 8gb class 4 and had this problem that when I take pictures they are ok, but after a few minutes or maybe a day they get corrupted. Change the card for a 32cd class 4, had the same problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Pictures get corrupted

I have the latest software, already tried to repair with pc companion, and still the same problem.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Have you been formatting the card prior to using it? Also when you swap cards with this problem, please ensure that you do not copy over any data from the old card as this can simply transfer the corrupt data.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Everytime I swap cards I format it, and set th ephone to factory settings. With my old Samsung 4gb card didnt had this problems. Only with a Micro SD 8 gb class 4 and Micro SD 32gb class 4.

Is there a recomended brand of card that could avoid this?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Are the pictures showing as corrupt if you look at them on a computer as well?

If not, delete the thumbnails and nomedia folder on the SD card. And go to Manage applications and clear data for Media storage. Now reboot your phone and check if they still appear as corrupted in the phone.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

They cant be seen on my computer either, the extension is still JPG but no program can open it, windows photo viewer, or irfanview will say unknown format.

Checking other discussions already tried to clear date from media storage before and didnt work.

If this helps I just checked some music I transfered using Media Go and some mp3 cant be read either, says not supported format. Other ones will work fine.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Try running a software repair via PC Companion on the phone.

www.sonyericsson.com/pccompanion

Then check if the problem still happens using any of your two SD cards.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

hi this is exactly the same problem im experiencing with my xperia neo mt15i,, pictures get corrupted after a few minutes. here's a sample picture.. i've already updated my software to ICS AND

try to repair it with pc companion and sony update service.. please help.. i dont know what to do anymore..

DSC_0043.jpg

Emperor
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

reformat your SD card

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

hi Poncho,

have you already fix this issue of your about pictures get corrupted?? what did you do? because i also experiencing the same probelm