account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Photos SD Transfer Corrupt

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Photos SD Transfer Corrupt

HI all,

I just transferred lots of photos from the phone to a 64gb Samsung micro sd card and now I can't access them via the phone album / file manager or through my PC. I've even plugged the SD card directly in to the PC and even completed chkdsk and repair.

Is there anything else I can try before I DESTORY THE PHONE??? If not I've lost LOTS of photos Slightly frowning Face

I'm on andoid version 4.4.4.

Having read about this it seems like a very common issue and I'm surprised this is not yet fixed by Sony. Even taking photos can be a challenge as I often get a message stating "camera not found" or something similar.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Baz

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Photos SD Transfer Corrupt

Try a program on your Pc like Recuva with your SD card connected directly to your Pc and not via your phone

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Photos SD Transfer Corrupt

Thanks Thommo, but that didn't work I'm afraid. It looks like I've lost the photos unfortunately which is gutting! Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Xperia Z MicroSD Card has become corrupted. How to recover .jpg and .mp4 files

Hi, I just lost approx 50 photos from today's expedition whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria. Not happy. Sony any comment? I'm using a Z1 with a Samsung 64gb micro sd that was just formatted prior to the holiday. Earlier today I could see all of the photos and more all I see are blank thumbnails. When using certain apps to try and access them I get ' media not found '. As many people have had the same issue surely it's a hardware fault with the phone. Sony, comment please, I need my photos back.