account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Photo's and video's deleted

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Photo's and video's deleted

Greetings all

When  copying a single photo from Windows picture and fax viewer to a folder on my SD card I found that most of the existing photo's bar a few and also all video's bar two  have been deleted. The photo was there. Checking my Sd card folders, there' gone?? Where are they? gone forever?

Anybody an idea what happened and what to do so it does not happen again as I have lost work photo's that cannot be taken again.

cheers

Landy

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Photo's and video's deleted

on your PC go to

Computer > Xperia Z > internal storage/SD card > DCIM > 100Andro

the pictures and videos should be there, unless you had set up fax viewer to delete pictures

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

i did as suggested, the folder is empty. As far as Fax viewer settings i would not know where to look for that. Anyway I put a few other photo's on and tried again to transfer that same photo to see what happened.

This time all existing photo's were still ther as well as the transfered one. However the existing photo's and videos had copied themselves twice.

And how would it be possible for six video's in another folder to be deleted bar two?

Landy 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

open the camera > settings > storage

are you saving your pictures on the Internal Storage or SD card?

usually Windows will ask you if you want to transfer and delete the pictures from, in this case your phone,

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Theres a folder named LOST.DIR. Ur files MAY be there.

If u find ur files there, then i would suggest repair/factory reset  and a memory card format.

Also check PCC first for any updates. Don't forget to make a backup first(or whatever is left of ur data:p )

Just kidding.

I Would also suggest making backups of ur data regularly.

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi there

I do save on the SD card. As it is my PC maintenance program which has a recovery mode was able to recover the files.

However it seems that the files are corrupted, they are Jpeg's but  there is no program that is able to open them.