account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Photo gets distorted

Adept
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Photo gets distorted

Every now and then some of the photos( those I click from front or back camera or even those received through Bluetooth etc) gets partially blacked or greyed. A times 80 to 90% of the pictured gets blacked out.

How to get it solved.
12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Photo gets distorted

HI @Pp30,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you save or transfer your photos to an SD card or are they all located on your phone's internal storage?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I usually store the photos directly on the sd card. But even earlier when they were stored in the internal memory they this was happening. At that time I had not put a sd card in the device.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Are you able to view the pictures if you transfer them to a PC or do they look the same on another device as well?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Also if you store photos in a SD card, thumbnails most of the times are stored in the internal storage. The first picture you see using gallery it's not the original photo but the thumbnail itself, if after clicking/tapping the corrupted thumbnail the picture open without problems the thumbnail's database or thumbnails' storage may be corrupted. If that is the case you can clean the cache and the device will restart recreating thumbnails. If the internal storage space is low it won't be able to create thumbnails correctly.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Adept
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@Christofer, I have not transfered it to a pc. But the distorted image is still distorted if transfered to another mobile phone ( Samsung). Also the distorted image is still distorted in the playmemories online when viewed from another device

Adept
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

@yogem. In my case its just opposite. The thumbnail is distorted  of only a few photos ( in which case the bigger image is also distorted) but  most of the time, it's only after clicking a ok thumbnail that the full sized image turns up half greyed.

Genius
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Ok so if the thumbnail is good and then the real photo is damaged and viceversa means that your storage unit is corrupted. You could factory reset your phone but it's better if you repair it using Sony PCC.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Adept
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I have done a factory reset. But still happening. How to repair with Sony pcc?
Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Referred to Repair Network

I had recently written Sony support an email. Problem was the photos greying and phone not switching on pressing power button.

Today I received a response saying "Referred to Repair Network"

I am new here. Some one please help me with what I need to do next
Thanks