account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Photo duplicates, and I can't erase them.

Learner
Message 131 of 153
Message 131 of 153

Re: Photo duplicates, and I can't erase them.

I have today been allowed to load the latest software update so fingers crossed.  The new version DOES allow you to mark mutiple images for deletion (by pressing the vertical options dots twice - i.e. 'select items' then the options dots again and then 'select all'.)

So....let's see how it goes ;-)

Learner
Message 132 of 153
Message 132 of 153

I did the update a few days ago and it was a disaster, as I ended up with loads of images going missing.
I unistalled... Luckily I back up anyway. I was gonna attach a screen shot.
I ended up with lots of "broken " thumbnails... U know like when it can't find the image?
Will b glad when this is fixed... Keep us posted!
Vivh
One time poster
Message 133 of 153
Message 133 of 153

there is no option to uninstall updates though

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 134 of 153
Message 134 of 153

A working solution is to create ".nomedia" files as described here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/Duplicate-images-in-Album-application/m-p/748709#M344

It should not be that complicated, but I don't think there is a better solution until the bug that makes the applications index their own thumbnails is fixed.

Perhaps reverting to older versions of Album etc. may help, but I guess that depends on which version of Album your phone came with.

One time poster
Message 135 of 153
Message 135 of 153

It deleted ALL my pics!!!! Thanks to this alexdon.

Message 136 of 153
Message 136 of 153

1.Please use a civilized language,being rude is not tolerated here.

2.The command hasn't deleted your files,restart your device and they will be there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 137 of 153
Message 137 of 153

We have done further investigation of this and what we've found is that the cause of this is that a file that's in the phone by default has somehow been removed and needs to be recreated.
The one you're missing is probable the one that should be located in the folder Android/data and you need to recreate it. In this folder there should be a file called ".nomedia" which prevents the folder from being scanned by the media scanner in Android. If for example an app has removed the file Android will consider all pictures there to be standard media.
The most easy solution is probably to download an app that can create .nomedia files for you like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studiokuma.nomedia.
Create a file in Android/data, go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data (it will not delete any of your files) and then restart the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 138 of 153
Message 138 of 153

Yes, me too, I have the Sony z1 compact, and it's been copying every god dam photo and apps that come with images end up in my Album, Sony should just stick to making music even there computer console's are no good I have a ps4 and it's a waist of money just like my Sony mobile phone. Never going with Sony ever again.
One time poster
Message 139 of 153
Message 139 of 153

I'm pretty sure many Xperia users love their phone. I love my Z1 compact. It's a solid, powerful phone. I've been using it for more than 6 months now and I still love it. What really bugs me is that Sony is not doing anything to this simple problem. Another issue to me is the lack of freedom to create folders. Isn't it the most basic and fundermental thing to do? You take pictures, you want to group them yourself. But I can't do it. After so many updates and still no solution. Come on Sony!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 140 of 153
Message 140 of 153

Sorry to hear that you still have this issue.

Can you please confirm if you tested what i wrote about recreating the missing .nomedia file in your phone?

To create folders and move files you can use the preinstalled app called File Commander.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.