account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone stuck in boot loop after failing to complete update

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Phone stuck in boot loop after failing to complete update

While performing a routine system update, device was connected to the PC.

After some time, it's requested that the device be unplugged, while the PC downloads updates for the device.

Further, the device is asked to be reconnected, the operation proceeds. A message shows up stating the device will now reboot.

Device switches off, later a message shows up on PC saying theres a network error, checked for the problem, network connection was working just as fine.

Device now was unable to boot. Operation was aborted. Disconnected the device, tried rebooting, the device since then is stuck at the boot logo, & is unable to proceed any further, doesn't switch off either.

Is there any option to reflash the phone with Stock OS, or is the device hard bricked?

Or, do I ultimately have to report to a service centre?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone stuck in boot loop after failing to complete update

charge the phone for 40minutes then repeat the update process with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone stuck in boot loop after failing to complete update

Update your pc companion to latest and you will see section to repair your phone go with it