account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone mic not working after removing headset

Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Phone mic not working after removing headset

Phone mic not working during calls after removing headset. I need to restart or turn on speaker on/off to get the phone mic working again.

It happens only after removing the headset. I will be listening to music in headset and will remove it when I reach office. If I get any calls after removing it then the person other side can't hear me. The mic works only if I restart or turn on speaker.
14 REPLIES 14
Genius
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Phone mic not working after removing headset

Hi @Immanueljebaraj1

This problem could be caused by some applications that are installed.

You could try to turned off google now "OK Google detection from any screen" or could be for the call recording app.

I suggest boot your device into safe mode and test if this issue persists:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Try to Clearing the SmartConnect app data.

How to clear data on apps.
From your Home screen

1. Tap the Application screen icon.
2. Find and tap Settings > Apps.
3. Swipe to the All tab.
4. Find and tap on the SmartConnect app.
5. Tap Force stop > Clear data.
6. Restart the phone
Highlighted
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

The issue is with "OK Google" app. It works fine after disabling the app. Thanks for your help.
Genius
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Ho @mmanueljebaraj1

Glad to read that your problem was solved.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.

If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Regular
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Same problem here. After unplugging my noise cancelling headset the phone mic stops working. Ok google settings or disabling SmartConnect DOESN'T HELP AT ALL!

my phone is useless, what is this?! I cannot accept calls until I reboot (2mins)!?

Please fix this!!

(android 5.1.1 newest software)
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

I wonder how it works for me. I have just factory reset my phone, will use it for couple of days and update if the issue occurs again
Regular
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Is it possible to use a replacement dialer app or is this tied too deeply into the android system here?

In my opinion the dialer is laggy and buggy. Why has the screen to flicker several times like it's doing huge calculations simply if I want to make a phone call?

I would move to a custom rom but this means losing noise cancelling...
Regular
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

@immanuel: thanks for testing!
Genius
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Hi @Leteer

I suggest to boot your device into safe mode to determine whether it is a software issue or a third party app issue:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.

If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.

Best Regards,