account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone doesnt turn on after software update

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Phone doesnt turn on after software update

Yesterday I updated my phone through PC Companion, I followed every step correctly and the last step was to turn on the phone and wait, but mine didnt turn on. It keep the screen with the sony logo for hours and hours until the battery died so I charged it (through the wall) and kept waiting more and still the same result.

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Phone doesnt turn on after software update

Hi @Rocker_Honey,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

You can also try pressing the volume up (+) key and the power key together at the same time for 5-10 seconds and then try to power on the phone again. If it still won't power on properly you will have to try a software repair using PC Companion.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Phone doesnt turn on after software update

Thanks for the tip about pushing the start button while holding the volume up button for 10 seconds. It worked like a charm. I too had done a software update, although not through a PC. I am very happy with my Sony and was shocked when the phone wouldn't start up. Thanks again from a happy customer!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Sony Xperia loop, USB crashes and cannot connect to PC Companion

Ok so my phone died this morning. I can reset via the  little "OFF" button. But as soon as I plug a charger in or the USB cable to the PC I get a quick red LED flash once and it turns off. The PC companion doesn't connect to the phone. I've done the holding power and the volume up, does not fix the issue.

HELP PLEASE!

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia loop, USB crashes and cannot connect to PC Companion

@RedWater

have you exposed the phone to water? have you dropped the phone? 

remove the SD and SIM cards > connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10-15 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours > then repair it with PCC > DO NOT turn on the phone or attempt to turn it on. 

software repair using PC Companion

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hey I will try charging it for 2-3 hours now and see if that does anything. I took out the sim and MicroSD card last night. Thank you.

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@RedWater

keep us updated

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Ok so I left it on charge for 4 hours. I cannot connect to PC companion still. It will turn on but just loops the initial Sony Xperia screen, turns off, back to that screen. When I plug the USB cable to a computer or to power I get a single red LED flash and it turns off.

It's screwed basically. If anyone knows how to do a factory reset or something that would be amazing.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@eubie12 I'm glad to hear that! Slightly smiling Face

@RedWater Have you tried the software repair? How far in the process do you get, all they way until you are prompted to connect the phone while pressing and holding the volume down (-) key?

Click here for more detailed instructions on how to perform a software repair: software repair using PC Companion.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I cannot do the repair as I cannot connect to anything. As soon as I plug the USB cable in and connect to the PC or a wall charger the phone crashes. It will not connect to the PC companion. At all Slightly frowning Face