account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone dead - hard reset does not work

Highlighted
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Phone dead - hard reset does not work

I turned off my phone because the battery was nearly dead (~2% left). I plugged it in and left it there for two hours. Now it does not turn on. No flashing lights. Windows does not recognize it. Hard reset (Power+Vol. down) does not work, and Windows does not recognize it either, even when I go into fastboot mode. I do have an insurance for the phone, but I would like to save my personal data, so does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

(Sorry for the bad english)

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Phone dead - hard reset does not work

Connect your phone to a wall charger, press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds, let it charge for two to three hours, then repair it with PCC

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

PC Companion (PCC)
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Bridge (for Mac)
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/bridge-for-mac/

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

As I said, it charged for quite some time. Resetting was the first thing I did too. Since I reset it, I have waited about 1h. If a post on the first site would have helped I would not have posted this Slightly smiling Face

It should be on charger for about 3h now

Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

I'm sorry to say this but you have to send it in, and your data is gone.

Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I will let it charge over night, maybe I am lucky or something. Thanks for your help anyways if it does not :/

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Keep us updated

Keep us updated

Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Re: Keep us updated

No, it did not work... Will have to contact the insurance, I'll get a new one. Still **bleep** that my data is gone...

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Keep us updated

I'm sorry to hear that.