account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone book super slow

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Phone book super slow

Hi guys,

I am sorry if I am doing or typing something wrong. This is my first post here.

I bought my Z1 last October and while I've been enjoying the phone very much, I need help fixing an annoying aspect that is getting worse lately.

My phone book is EXTREMELLY slow. I know that it isn't supposed to be like that because my friends' ancient smartphones are performing much better.

Everytime I want to call someone I do the normal procedure - click the phone icon > phone book > choose a name > wait for the number to appear and dial it.

However, this procedure is taking loads of time, because when I open my phone book it seems like it takes about 10-15 seconds for the names to appear and when I select a name it goes even longer up to 30 seconds!!! for the contact information including the number to show up.

There is clearly something wrong here and it is extremelly annoying whenever I want to call someone. 

I am using android verson 4.4.2

Other than that, my phone has started to lag more than usual lately, but it isn't as noticeable as the problem mentioned above.

Please let me know if there is any other information/technical data (and how to obtain it) you need from me to properly look into my case.

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.s. Don't know if it matters, but my phone book isn't even that large with about 80 contacts in it. My phone is not flooded with garbage apps, all I really use are hotmail/gmail stuff, a news website app and have a couple of games installed like angry birds Slightly smiling Face

3 REPLIES 3
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone book super slow

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Do you have any third party taskkillers or battery saving applications installed on your phone?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply. I barely have any applications installed and I've never installed any taskkillers or battery saving stuff. The only battery saving applications I use are the ones that were on my phone like stamina mode

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Same problem with Xperia XL. I have seen upto minutes before opening the phone book.