account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

PC Companion crashes while writing Google Calendar

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

PC Companion crashes while writing Google Calendar

PC Companion does not sync anymore Outlook with Google Calendar. Syncing with Google Contacts works well, but when syncing with Google Calendar, PC Companion crashes when there are about 20 appointments left to be written (so reading both Outlook and Google Calendar works well).

So far I did this (some of them several times or in stages):
-Diminish the time to sync from 4 weeks before and 52 after to 1 week before and 1 after

-Manually change the name of “suspicious” appointments (containing characters like & and ?) in Outlook

-Sync with phone connected and also with phone disconnected

-Sync both Contacts and Calendar and then just Contacts and just Calendar

-Reboot computer

-Uninstall, reboot and reinstall PC Companion

-Delete all appointments from Google Calendar

My data:

Date: Until about two weeks ago, syncing worked just fine

Phone: Dutch unbranded Sony LT22i build number 6.2.A.1.100

Computer: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits with 8 GB RAM and Intel i7-3610QM processor

Outlook: Part of MS Office 2013 Professional x64

Thank you in advance for a solution.

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: PC Companion crashes while writing Google Calendar

Does this happen with another computer? 

how about if you sync with google calendar directly from your phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks uliwooly for your fast reply.

Answering your question, I work directly on Outlook, just use Google Calendar as necessary step to have my appointments on my phone.

Since I only have one license of Office, cannot install this software on another PC to check if it would work. I have my phone for 2'5 years and until a couple of weeks ago, syncing worked well. In the meantime I did not install new software and did not change any hardware component.

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

That's quite odd, what if you sync directly from outlook with google calendar and then download google calendar on your phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I am afraid syncing Outlook with Google Calendar directly is only supported for corporate users, which is not my case.

I believe using PC Companion should just work properly, like it did a couple of weeks ago.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I would appreciate an official reponse by Sony, the manufacturer of my product.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I tried again and again, just syncing one week before and one week after and ta-da!... today the problem solved by itself. All variable remained unchanged since my former message, so the issue could be due to a problematic appointment in Outlook (time passed and it isn't synced anymore) or communication problems in the cloud (the message before crashing was that Google Calendar could not be written).

I would have appreciated some "care" by someone in Sony's payrol. It must be cheap to outsource customer care in the goodness of private users, but we only pay premium prices for our smartphones.

Once again, I want to show my gratitude to uliwooly.

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@balaustre Anytime Slightly smiling Face