account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

Visitor
Message 11 of 160
Message 11 of 160

Re: Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

I have the same.

This is my last Sony product in my life.

The air temperatire was 28 Celcius. So I wanted to take same photos of my children. 

I made 5 (!!!!!) photos and Sony came hot and END.

Bye Sony forever. I have also Iphone - Sony - please try to learn something from Apple. Quality and perfect design.

and I prefer photos from iphone 4s - they are much better than super sony 20Mpix ...

Message 12 of 160
Message 12 of 160

I have the same problem.

This phone should never has been released. I am so mad!!

Apprentice
Message 13 of 160
Message 13 of 160

Hi happy Z2 owners!!!

I have the same problem after using 2 minutes 4K video recording function. I'm dissapointed, that sony advertising that function, but this is causing problems during using 4K.

WHY SONY DIDN'T COMMENT THAT PROBLEM??? 

What it means:

"When you are recording video continuously, the device may get warm. This is normal because the video camera function consumes more power and memory. Also,  a notification may appear to inform you that the camera is going to turn off temporarily in order to cool down. In such cases, you must wait a while until the camera is ready again to shoot video."

For me continuously video recording means, that possible record minimum 30 minutes and then phone can get warm, but really it is 2 minutes, not more.

Commissioner
Message 14 of 160
Message 14 of 160

since i updated the firmware to .402 , my device records over 10mins in 4k and gets a bit warm but never shuts down till i stop the video and i get a warning saying camera needs to cool of now s your device might be faulty 

Apprentice
Message 15 of 160
Message 15 of 160

I have been filmed 9 minutes, whithout sim card and wifi connection, but this kind of using 4K is problematic and takes time to prepare phone for filming.

Talent
Message 16 of 160
Message 16 of 160

Yep mine gets very warm during camera and game usage.. I cannot see how a software update can fix this..
Message 17 of 160
Message 17 of 160

It's clearly a design flaw from when they constructed and calculated the cooling system which apparently consists of a heatpipe.
Apprentice
Message 18 of 160
Message 18 of 160

HEY SONY COMPANY MEMBERS!!!

PLEASE COMMENT THIS TOPIC!!!

WHEN WIIL BE OVER HEATING PROBLEM SOLVED?

DO SONY ENGINEERS LOOKING FOR SOLUTION?

IN WHICH PHASE IS THAT PROCESS?

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 160
Message 19 of 160

Doubtful that SONY would reply on that. Replying means they confirm the issue. Most probably it will never be fixed. The thing we could all do is to make kind of a petition to SONY. From my side of view it is a fault of this model and it has to be recalled by the company untill it is solved. 

Otherwise, we all going to see Z3 with problems solved, Z2 will deasapear form sale and we will stuck with our faulty devices. 

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 160
Message 20 of 160

Mines fine! Slightly smiling Face