account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

Commissioner
Message 21 of 160
Message 21 of 160

Re: Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

Mine's fine either, it never overheated and turn it self off.
There are no heat pipes, sorry.
The mainboard and chipset are closed between steel panels, like protective case or something.. maybe that's why it over heats due to poor heat giving-away steel.
Any good is that when you drop the phone the mainboard will be protected with snapdragon, storage and RAM inside, that leaves only the screen and body to be broken.

Sony should let you replace the overheating devices to new models, cause it's really getting to be a factory issue, which some just doesn't have.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Message 22 of 160
Message 22 of 160

I have to mention that i use a TPU softcover that protect the back and frame. I think it causes the device to heat up abnormally. Today it got so hot in under an hour while browsing instagram and posting some photos. Then I tried to stress the phone and turned on the camera. It was 43 degress hot when I did that. It raised to 45 in under a minute and shutthe camera down. Then I removed the cover and noticed how hot the backside around the camera was ans also the aluminum frame especially at the top. After removing the cover the temperature went down even while recording a normal HD video. So the cover could be the reason. A bit annoying since I like to protect my phone and that my Galaxy S4 had no problem with using covers. I guess I have to buy a cover that only covers the frame!
Message 23 of 160
Message 23 of 160

If you see the photoa it looks like a heatpipe 🔥
One time poster
Message 24 of 160
Message 24 of 160

Same is happening wid me Slightly frowning Face

Commissioner
Message 25 of 160
Message 25 of 160

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2757544
Which manufacturing batch yoir phone was made matters.
One time poster
Message 26 of 160
Message 26 of 160

I am so disapointed with a sony xperia z2 phone which I recently bought, sony says that it is water resistant but in fact it is not, I just tried it under fresh water 10 cm to 15 cm for not more than 15 seconds with all the sockets sealed and when I got it out of the water it started to freeze,touch screen started to hang up, was not charging then finally it was dead not even starting even when connected to charger , I do not recommend this product to any one , I do not know why sony still advertising it!, check out this link it shows that xperia z2 has defects and sony know all about it and still they do nothing and keep adverising it!  http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/04/08/xperia-z2-owners-reporting-issues-with-gaps-in-chassis-and-over... not to mention the over heating problem that sometimes cause the mobile to shut down!

One time poster
Message 27 of 160
Message 27 of 160

well in that case, WE as the consumers would then have the right to resell this faulty product and switch over to another brand. I'm sure the other brands such as HTC or Samsung would gladly accept us with open arms. they would most likely have better customer service and better product. Think about it, why stick with Sony if they aren't willing to cooperate? Money doesn't grow on trees, not many people have that extra $500+ to burn for a faulty product that Sony KNOWS about and REFUSES to resolve. I just recently recieved my purple Z2 and like many Z2 owners, I am encountering this problem. I will be going to their retail store tomorrow and I will see what kind of stuff they are going to say. If they aren't willing to solve this problem, then that's it...I'll be switching over to either HTC or Samsung who'd gladly cooperate with me. Plus, Samsung S5 is clearly the winner as the best quality smartphone...that's a fact. And sony should feel priviledged that Z2 owners settled with their xperia phone. I've been using sony xperia phones since the first T series and I would've continued using it...but this has just gone too far. I did not pay $500+ for a phone that shuts down after 2-5 minutes after using the camera in normal mode (not even 4k). Not a single smartphone in the past has had this problem...sony's the first. If they do not fix this problem soon enough, there won't be a Z3 in my book. 

Mih
Enthusiast
Message 28 of 160
Message 28 of 160

Forget 2-5 minutes of 4K or even video recording.  Today in 27C weather (yes, not the coolest), I couldn't even take snapshots for 30 seconds straight.  f**king thing would crash the camera with the overheat message repeatedly.  So pissed off!  and this is beyond the 15 day return window, so now I'll have to start dealing with sending it off for repairs through warranty, which will likely result in repeated trips back and forth, since Sony will probably say that everything is within spec.

Regular
Message 29 of 160
Message 29 of 160

II have just had to sent mine of for the same reason and i am not happy that a brand new phone is now being dismanteld and rebuilt for absolutely no reason as we all know that there is no fix for the overheating issue. Trading standards and Watchdog will be the next avenue i take.

@Mih wrote:

Forget 2-5 minutes of 4K or even video recording.  Today in 27C weather (yes, not the coolest), I couldn't even take snapshots for 30 seconds straight.  f**king thing would crash the camera with the overheat message repeatedly.  So pissed off!  and this is beyond the 15 day return window, so now I'll have to start dealing with sending it off for repairs through warranty, which will likely result in repeated trips back and forth, since Sony will probably say that everything is within spec.

Commissioner
Message 30 of 160
Message 30 of 160

I completely agree that this is completely unacceptable! However the issue seems to affect earlier models and it seems that from W20 upwards it's much better.

My modes is W25 and I'll be testing all camera functions today and let you know what I got. It's such a shame we have such issues with overheating as this is a really nice phone. I cannot believe that such big and reputable company did not test the phone thoroughly before the release. Especially it was suppose to be a flagship device.

I think that Sony should replace all faulty devices to avoid bad publicity.