account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

Mih
Enthusiast
Message 151 of 160
Message 151 of 160

Re: Overheating problems with Xperia Z2

@Z2inQld...hmm, interesting... I haven't tried a different app for photography.
My heat issues got 80% better after factory reset. I also got rid of the cases I tired with the phone, as I too suspected that they aren't helping with the heat dissipation.

My phone really overheats with photography anymore, but Waze and screen on continuously does bring the temperature up (67C CPU temp) unless I keep the phone out of the sun and reasonably ventilated (while using aforementioned Waze).

The glass back is nice-looking, but glass has bad heat dissipation qualities. I suspect that's the main issue causing heat.

What instances of incompatibility did you encounter?
Mih
Enthusiast
Message 152 of 160
Message 152 of 160

"Rarely" overheats with photography, not "really"
Rookie
Message 153 of 160
Message 153 of 160

Hi sony will replace my mobile without taking any cost if that heating issue was there
One time poster
Message 154 of 160
Message 154 of 160

My Sony z2 is getting heat with normal usage only.. I have updated the phone to lollipop,. But the problem doesn't resolved. What should I do
Mih
Enthusiast
Message 155 of 160
Message 155 of 160

Try downloading CPU monitor from the Play store and see what uses up all the CPU to warm up the phone.  Maybe a stuck app or something

Inhabitant
Message 156 of 160
Message 156 of 160

My XPERIA Z3dual running LOLLIPOP keep warning me for rising temperature as soon as I switch on the camera. Could you solve this....?
Rookie
Message 157 of 160
Message 157 of 160

Camera heats up after lollipop updates

My Xperia Z2 heats up after taking few pictures even in superior auto mode. I m having this problem after updating my phone from kitkat to Lollipop.. Any help please?
Visitor
Message 158 of 160
Message 158 of 160

Any solution from Sony?
One time poster
Message 159 of 160
Message 159 of 160

I also have the same issue regarding overheating in xperia z2...they become heated while using a normal mobile like chatting or calling to the next person..i thought sony have these problems in all z series...all please be aware to buy sony mobiles..

One time poster
Message 160 of 160
Message 160 of 160

I have the same issues, i can't use the camera for video or taking pictures on the beach without receving the overheating message. This is really annoying/problematic as i bought this phone for it's camera specifications. I already had smartphones from other brands, like samsung or Huawei and i never had problmes. What's the purpose of having a 20 MP camera if then i can't use it on a sunny day.

On my last Vacations i went to Mexico and i couldn't take more than two pictures in a row without receiving a overheating warning message. Is the second time i send my phone for customer support, let's hope they can fix it or replace, because on the first time they haven't done nothing.