account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Not turning on

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Not turning on

Charging my phone, used it to send a message when it had about 90% charge. Left it for a short time, it had a black screen and won't turn on. The phone was very hot. I left to cool and tried again. I left it to completely cool and tried hard rebooting (using the powder button and volume up button) no affect. Tried charging it again and plugging it to my laptop to no good, plugging it in caused the phone to get hot again. When plugged in the charging light didn't turn on. The phone hasn't vibrated or reponsed to anthing after trying to turn it on several times. Help...

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Not turning on

Hi @RandomManiac,

Welcome to the community.

Can you please try holding the power button and the volume up button until your phone makes 3 short vibrations?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi, Thanks for replying

Woke up this morning and tried your suggestion, I held down the volume up and the powder for a couple of mintues and no effect. 

I am going to take it back to the store today. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have te exact same problem. Just 5 days ago it started again. But now i had the battery totally empty it wont start again. It gets hot and just keeps on restarting untill the battery is empty again. And using the power and volume button doesnt work.

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Same problem here, Im waiting for waranty support. What happened to you guys the waranty covered problem?