account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

No sync of music and other files / cannot connect using mass storage mode

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

No sync of music and other files / cannot connect using mass storage mode

When I copy songs/videos/pictures it is not shown in the walkman/movies/album app respectively. I have to search the files in the file manager. There isn't any option to refresh the library also.

When I try to connect the phone using Mass storage mode, it does not show the phone connected in the PC, but when I change it to MTP mode, it is connected to the PC.

Please help me resolve these issues.

Thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face

Harsh

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: No sync of music and other files / cannot connect using mass storage mode

Try clearing data for the app called "Media Storage" under Settings -> Apps -> All and then restart your phone and see if that helps. This will make the phone rescan all files.

If that doesn't help, make sure that you don't have a file called .nomedia in the root of the memory or the folders containing your media.

MSC will only work if you have an external SD-card in the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I tried doing that but it is syncing only that media which is present in the internal memory of the phone.

The media present in the memory card is not being shown.
Neither the phone is connecting to the pc in Mass storage mode.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Are you sure that there's no file called ".nomedia" on your SD-card? You can check that using a file manager in the phone but make sure that the file manager is set to show hidden files/folders.

If that's not the problem, try formatting the card from Settings -> Storage but note that all files on the card will be deleted.

If you still have problems after that, could you try this on another computer and see what happens?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Memory card is not accessible for the phone when phone is connected to PC in mass storage mode... Disconnect phone from PC before using "media" applications and trying play music etc.