account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No Wifi Z1

Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

No Wifi Z1

I recently left Xfinity for Century Link.  With Xfinity I was able to automatically find and log into my wifi.  Now the phone doesn't even recognize that there is wifi in the area (and it is an apartment complex which is weird).  I looked through the forum and found a lot of references to using a particular wifi channel but this is something I have never heard of or had to mess with before.  Please let me know the easiest fix, my phone is completely up to date and I have no trouble accessing the signal on 2 laptops a desktop and a PS3 and as far as I know I never had to specify a signal channel when setting up the service.  Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Talent
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: No Wifi Z1

During the connection giving any warning or error
Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

It is giving an authentication error, I dug a farther and got it to at least display the availale wifi in area, but unable to connect still.  I am currently attempting to find out how to change the router channel, although the wifi analyzer I'm using says it is very very strong even tho on channel 1.  Not to mention trying to change the channel is proving to be a difficult thing to find.

Visitor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

It is giving an authentication error, I dug a farther and got it to at least display the availale wifi in area, but unable to connect still.  I am currently attempting to find out how to change the router channel, although the wifi analyzer I'm using says it is very very strong even tho on channel 1.  Not to mention trying to change the channel is proving to be a difficult thing to find.

Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Wifi authentication error means that you enter an incorrect password
Talent
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Make sure you enter the correct password.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

That's not true.  I double checked that first thing and it was not a user error.  I also looked deeper into that specific problem and all answers still boiled down to changing the wifi router channel.  Fortunately my wifi service is very helpful in that regard and walked me through the channel changing process.  After switching from 1 to 6 I was able to connect.

Talent
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

If you specify the error password error problem solved, but the problem is out Slightly smiling Face
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

the problem is solved, for future forum hunters, change your router channel