account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No Sim Card Problem

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

No Sim Card Problem

Trying to use Xperia P without SIM card. Every time I turn it on I get the following message:

"Your device will power off automatically after 15 minutes to avoid excess battery drain from accidental start-up during shipment. Please insert a SIM card to stop the auto power-off function of tap Cancel to continue using your device".

I do not want to use SIM card. Is there any way I can delete this message without a SIM card? It's annoying. Thanks in advance.

EasyEd

6 REPLIES 6
Adviser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: No Sim Card Problem

Try what Mackie mention in this thread, not sure if it'll work. Hope it'll be okay Slightly smiling Face

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43833852&postcount=1712

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Tried the suggestion but phone will not allow me to delete that file. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

EasyEd

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You need root access to delete.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

What does that mean and how do I get root access?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Rooting your phone is like gettin admin access. You have access to only external apps now, not system apps. By rooting you get access to root folder where all the system files are stored.

Root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2335992

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

it's not working