account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

News: No 4.4 update for SP

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 411 of 456
Message 411 of 456

Re: request of a new frimware update for XPERIA SP

We are a user support forum meaning we are user/owners of devices like you but have stuck around to help others which means we are unable to answer such questions and have no influence to be able to aquire the answer - You need to contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Talent
Message 412 of 456
Message 412 of 456

Yes, you can also mark for the Attention of Mr. Kaz Hirai - he is the CEO of Sony and he refers to smartphones as "pesky mid range smartphones that made losses of billions of Yen". If, he is a man of principle, he may (very unlikely) issue a directive to the smartphones department to quickly work on it and give those "pesky" Sony Xperia SP users their KK and also to get them off his back as he is already having a hard time trying to turn round the fortunes of Sony Corporation.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 413 of 456
Message 413 of 456

Re: Facts about Sony Xperia SP

Sony Plans to Cut 1,000 Jobs in Mobile Division
by Sohrab Osati | Sep 18, 2014 |
due to Sony Mobile’s inability to sell mid-range smartphones in significant quantities.
They will suffer more as new models released now are inferior to the Sony Xperia SP. They should have updated Sony Xperia SP to KitKat and thereby  garner more sales than they envisaged.

Talent
Message 414 of 456
Message 414 of 456

@Thommo wrote:

We are a user support forum meaning we are user/owners of devices like you but have stuck around to help others which means we are unable to answer such questions and have no influence to be able to aquire the answer - You need to contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

It's time to change your job, to some less stressful... Face with stuck-out Tongue

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 415 of 456
Message 415 of 456

Re: News: No 4.4 update for SP

Larek wrote:
It's time to change your job, to some less stressful.

Lmao Larek 😃😃
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 416 of 456
Message 416 of 456

I just want to say few things... I just installed cynogenmod 11 on xperia SP. People, beleve me... Its great and stabile. Bether RAM batery usage no bugs... Easy to install. Stock rom is overrated. Please get kit kit in less than half hour.Screenshot_2014-09-21-17-01-47.png

SonyEricsson K300, SonyEricsson K510i, SonyEricsson W200i, SonyEricsson K530i, SonyEricsson W380i, SonyEricsson XPERIA mini pro, SONY XPERIA acro S, SONY XPERIA SP (that's the last one beleve me)
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 417 of 456
Message 417 of 456

Sony is going down. And I'm glad. They deserve it. 

SonyEricsson K300, SonyEricsson K510i, SonyEricsson W200i, SonyEricsson K530i, SonyEricsson W380i, SonyEricsson XPERIA mini pro, SONY XPERIA acro S, SONY XPERIA SP (that's the last one beleve me)
Highlighted
Regular
Message 418 of 456
Message 418 of 456

How do you do this? Moze li neki tutorijal? Grinning Face

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 419 of 456
Message 419 of 456

I'm going to explane how to install this softwear step by step, but first there are things that everyone must know before start with this.

Benefits:
-Beter RAM usage (more than 400 MB free on start)
-Beter memory usage (almost 6 GB user internal memory)
-Beter battery life (apx 30℅ than stock rom)
-Beter personalisation of device (everythin can be adapted)
-Newest android version (4.4.4)
-Beter sound in headphones and internal speaker

Things that you lose:
-No more warenty
-No more Bravia Engene 2
-Walkman album movies can be ported but not stable
-No more track ID
E sad ako ti se sve ovo isplati, treba da uradis sledece:
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 420 of 456
Message 420 of 456

Step 1:
First thing that must be done is to go here:http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
Before that you find your IMEI nomber of phone (on phone box or on the back of the phone)
Follow instructions on web site. Enter your IMEI without any other singes exepct nombers. Enter your email adress. You will get unlock code wrhite that down! Save that on your computer. Must be correct.

Step 2:

Download and install on your phone application named Towelroot. Search on google .apk file and install it. Click logo in the app. There will be information that your phone is rooted.

Step 3:

Download on your computer xperia flashtool and install it on your computer. Install ALL drivers that can be found in this packeg in folder drivers when you install it.

Step 4:

Find and download CM11 for xperia SP (huashan). Put that somewhere on your SD card and remember where you put it. 

Step 5:

Get in xperia flashtool on your PC (from step 3). Tur off your phone. Now press and hold volume up and wile you hold it connect phone to PC. Blue light on phone should be on. On pc flashtool is going to tell you that phone is connected in fastboot mode.

Step 6:

There is BLU option on flashtool. Click on it. Than enter code you get in step 1. You shuld get information that your bootloader now is unlocked.

Step 7:

Now chouse flash icon on flashtool program. Than mark fastboot. Now select boot.img from zip file from step 4. Than flesh it.

Step 8:

Disconnect your phone from PC. Now turn on your phone. While is turning on keep pressing volume up many thimes until boot menu is showen. Than on your phone chose install zip from sd vard and find and select zip from step 4. Install it. Go back and wipe cache.

Step 9:

Reboot your phone. You have Android 4.4.4. On the phone. 

Importent thong is that all data from phone will be lost exept SD card.