account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

News: No 4.4 update for SP

Enthusiast
Message 341 of 456
Message 341 of 456

Re: News: No 4.4 update for SP

Xperia should give an update where, when you turn off mobile data all the apps which use Internet should force stop.. This will improve battery and performance.. Think on it don't
ea
Regular
Message 342 of 456
Message 342 of 456

Yes,you put the finger on the point! I agree+apps to SD= happy sp owners .

Regular
Message 343 of 456
Message 343 of 456

hello good I tired the hard cell noon the battery barely use out of loading at 15 and 3 in the evening saying that this 15% of battery as well as a single dais 6 months garantiua battery I inporto Wednesday warranty one i put on my version of android with cyanogenmod 4.4.4 autonomy two days as the battery without neurazos gave the official rom to compile 205 pesima plague recommend cyanogenmod 11 and is not official but asin hair not buy you any more phone sony

One time poster
Message 344 of 456
Message 344 of 456

Are we receiving Kitkat update on Sony Xperia SP?

sony a big had commited kitkat update for xperia sp but more then year we have not tasted a flavour of kitkat whats this... disgusting...do you not consider customer anger and dis satisfication...if u r feeling shame then please giv kitkat update right now..

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 345 of 456
Message 345 of 456

4.3 Bugs/Request

This is a message to the Sony developers. I've been an Xperia user since Sony Ericsson started making android Xperia's and based on the current support for the Xperia SP I highly doubt my next phone will be an Xperia. There are many people in the same situation (XDA forums).

So my humble request is that you release KitKat as previously promised. If you decide not to release KitKat then atleast fix the 4.3 bugs as mentioned below.

Bugs in 4.3 firmware:

- Poor RAM management.
- Animation bar overlaps text when uninstalling apps.
- Slight heating issue.

- Sketch app disappeared from update center.

Please consider KitKat for the SP, as much as you want you can't keep it under investigation till October (EoL), so please update this capable phone.

Best regards
Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP
Adept
Message 346 of 456
Message 346 of 456

Re: 4.3 Bugs/Request

@ShinOrochiX wrote:
This is a message to the Sony developers. I've been an Xperia user since Sony Ericsson started making android Xperia's and based on the current support for the Xperia SP I highly doubt my next phone will be an Xperia. There are many people in the same situation (XDA forums).

So my humble request is that you release KitKat as previously promised. If you decide not to release KitKat then atleast fix the 4.3 bugs as mentioned below.

Bugs in 4.3 firmware:

- Poor RAM management.
- Animation bar overlaps text when uninstalling apps.
- Slight heating issue.

- Sketch app disappeared from update center.

Please consider KitKat for the SP, as much as you want you can't keep it under investigation till October (EoL), so please update this capable phone.

Best regards

And:

- Bluethoot disconection when wifi is on;

- Low volume in calls, in internal speaker, headphones and in bluethoot handsfree

- Bad camera (focusing and taking pictures)

Please fix this, especially the low volume in call (i can't use my bluethoot handsfree)

Enthusiast
Message 347 of 456
Message 347 of 456

Upgrade Xperia SP to android 4.4

Well... I know thet users maybe spaming, but sony deserves this. When I bouth this phone, an official sony support page sayes "next update kit kat 4.4" I sow this very nice 'n' clear. No mistake. We all know what happened next, and we also know what is going to happen next. Well, there is not much that I can do abot it, bat I can spam you till I sold this phone, and became some others problem. Do I need to say that I'm gonna buy new sony device never, maby not even then. It's important to say that i'm sony/ericsson fan for years, I mean years. This can be only understand as fooling potencial buyers, beacuse I wont buying this phone that I knew that 4.3 will be the last version of software. Greetings from Serbia.
Btw
This forum is usles. No hard fillings for mods and admins on this site, but you are guys. And it's not your fault. Here MUST be official represent of Sony. Bad support.
SonyEricsson K300, SonyEricsson K510i, SonyEricsson W200i, SonyEricsson K530i, SonyEricsson W380i, SonyEricsson XPERIA mini pro, SONY XPERIA acro S, SONY XPERIA SP (that's the last one beleve me)
Enthusiast
Message 348 of 456
Message 348 of 456

Re: Upgrade Xperia SP to android 4.4

some weeks ago i decided ,never come back here to make posts.

for now -thanks to you- im back only for one sentence.

im agreed with you in 101% !

regards

akkush

Forum Legend
Message 349 of 456
Message 349 of 456

If you are after an offical answer then honestly speaking this is not the place you will find one - You either need to contact Xperia care or the Sony development team or check the official blog

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Inhabitant
Message 350 of 456
Message 350 of 456

It is my opinion, yours might be different....

Honestly speaking I don't think we are going to get Kitkat for Xperia SP now. As only 1 month is left, after that support from Sony for firmware updates will end. Even if they release Kitkat, it is going to have atleast 1-2 bugs which we do not want. 

I just waiting for an official answer from Sony....YES or NO......