account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New update 6.0.1 - need to roll out some old features

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

New update 6.0.1 - need to roll out some old features

Hi folks,

I was super excited for the new pop out update OTA. It is nice, fast and all but:

1. I notice the hold on HOME and drag will not launch Google now!! Why the update took such good and fast feature?!

2. In the old operating system 'Lollipop' I was able to have 2 different ring tone one for SIM 1 and the other ring tone for SIM 2. Now I only have one single ring tone for both SIM card.

The update is good, but it took the most features I love and use l, please have a small fix and return the good features back.

Thanks,
9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: New update 6.0.1 - need to roll out some old features

@Hussain47

1 I totally agree with you, the alternative is to add the Google icon on the homescreen, it is not the same. 

2 send your feedback to Sony, maybe it can be implemented >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Hussain47@uliwooly

Holding home should bring you ok google if you have set up from settings - apps - tap on the gear - default apps - assist & voice input - assist app, select google app.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@alexdon

That's how I have it set up, but it doesn't bring up google now as it used to, it now gives you 3 options, it's not like before that you could either swipe from the center up or just holding the home.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@uliwooly on the Z3? Just checked Z5 and Z5c and it pops up with the google search bar if you press longer on home.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@alexdon

What @Hussain47 and I are talking about it's Google Now cards, before on lollipop we used to get Google Now right away, not just google search 

Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

But dude @uliwooly, you can also talk to google after you keep holding home. Indeed it is a bit different.

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@alexdon

Yes, you can do that, but that's not the point, the point is to get Google Now, not google search and google voice search available. 

I use all 3, and before on lollipop, you used to have Google Now (with all the cards) and the search bar on top, with the mic icon there, this is/was quite useful as you could get traffic notifications, local news and suggestions aside from other info you have customized on google now, the whole idea of Google Now is the Now part of it, that you get all that info with one swipe, not going through all this other menus and taps

Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I understand now @uliwooly.

Rookie
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thank you all for your inputs and effort into the issue.

Believe it or not I got a very unhelpful and out of space reply from Sony Bahrain Middle East about the ability to set second ring tone for the phone Z3 Dual SIM.

"You might experience issues to set a separate ringtone to your second SIM card in Android™ 6.0. In Marshmallow, it's not possible to set a phone ringtone to your second SIM card. This is a limitation on platform level from our platform supplier and this feature will not be available on any Xperia™ devices running Android™ 6.0."

When I repled to them asking for the future to fix the issue with small 10 MB or so with such micro update. They keep repeating the above reply, like I'm talking to machine not a customer serivce!!

Please fix the issue, I need the ability to setting second ring tone to my other SIM, update should not take a MAIN feature of the phone.

Thank you,