account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New software update 18.5.B.0.26

Gr8
Regular
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

New software update 18.5.B.0.26

I am using Sony Xperia E3 dual and i am not able to update new update of software 18.5.B.0.26. I connected to PC companion and when i reached the update stage where it asked to remove usb cable and switch off the phone and reconnect , it is not going to next step even after I followed all the steps and instructions. Please help.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Not able to update new software update

Hi,

When you are going to connect the phone, make sure that the phone is powered OFF and you hold the volme down(-) button before connecting the phone and keep holding it down until PC Companion goes to the next step. Otherwise, have you tried different USB-ports?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

Re: Not able to update new software update

To add if you are running Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit system then some may require you to run Pc Companion in compatibility mode as for some reason it doesn't like Flashmode which is required when performing a system update - you may also wish to consider that your A-Virus is blocking the Flashmode driver from being enabled

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

VNK
Regular
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

new system software (18.5.B.0.26) update

today, i got notification of a new system software update 18.5.B.0.26. but the latest available software  for xperia e3 is 18.4.C.2.12 according to this page-( http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiae3/software/ ). so how it is so and when we are going to get latest updates.

and should i do this 18.5.B.0.26 update? because last time problem started in my phone after i updated a system software. before that it was fine with no problems. i am still facing the consistent hanging problem in  xperia e3. so just afraid that the new update may make the condition worse.Thinking Face Question

and still haven't fixed this hanging issue. all attempts in vain...Crying Face

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

Re: new system software (18.5.B.0.26) update

The firmware version listed will be the generic version however some network providers after amending the generic firmware will re-name said firmware so I ask if your device is a network branded device

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Update 18.5.B.0.26 - Bug

After updating E3 dual to 18.5.B.0.26, I am getting "Mobile Data Disabled" notification on Wifi Toggle & Sound Toggle. This was not happening previously.

How can I disable this notification

Emperor
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Re: Update 18.5.B.0.26 - Bug

I don't quite follow, could you elaborate?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

Re: Update 18.5.B.0.26 - Bug

@uliwooly

I will go step by step

I am on home screen

My mobile data is disabled

Keep power button pressed

Shut down menu appears

select vibrate mode

Now Notification in the notification bar appears "Mobile Data is Disabled"

Clear all notifications from notification bar

Keep power button pressed

Shut down menu appears

Change to Normal mode

Again Notification in the notification bar appears "Mobile Data is Disabled"

Same thing happens when I toggle WiFi mode on/off

What does mobile data have with wifi and sound profile?

Hope I am able to explain the bug

If possible I will try to send you a Video

Apprentice
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

No New update in Update Centre

In My Xperia E3 dual (D2212) updated to 18.5.B.0.26.....

More bus in this software

1. No New Updates  (eg; Walkaman 8.5.A.2.7  etc....)

2. Unwantedly it shows " Mobile date is Disabled "...

Kindly We request u to fix all bugs.......

Apprentice
Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

i have got the android 4.4.4 update for sony xperia e3 ,built 18.5.B.0.26 . s

finally a big thanks to sony for releasing android 4.4.4 firmwire update for xperia e3 . ome people are saying there are some bugs .is that true ?But is there some bugs like https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-E3-E3-Dual/New-software-update-18-5-B-0-26/m-p/933819#U933819 ? can any one conform me regarding this update ? and what is the difference between andoid 4.4.2 & android 4.4.4 ?

thank you .