account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Update today 15/Nov

Adept
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: New Update today 15/Nov

Had this straight away and I've found the battery dire since the update...

I know this will probably improve after a couple of charges/discharges but it's very frustrating!

I don't really want to have to do a software repair just yet Thinking Face

Any thoughts?

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Please read the forums. It is quite obvious the upgrades do not actually upgrade the Z1C and your phone will never be the same as far as the battery life is concerned. Too bad that SONY cannot (or is not willing) to solve the problem.

Adept
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

So what are you saying, that it's going to have to be another software repair? The last update before this was fine - I had amazing battery again :smileysmileywink:

It appears to me that every big update should be applied with a software repair. Which is fine, if not a little inconvenient...

Regular
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi Quester,

software repair using PC Companion did not show any improvements.

Same behaviour than before!

So please, Sony release a fixed software as soon as possible!

This one is really a mess!

:-(

Regular
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

As repair installation using PCC did not change anything I updated to 14.6.A.1.236 on 5th Dec. 2015 full of hope.

At least GPS is working again, cellular reception seems better and battery lasting longer.

However, all the issues are still the same mess as before!

- to unlock screen it takes me sometimes more than five (5!) attempts

- it is hardly possible to swipe the status bar down; it only works by chance

- with Xperia keyboard in most cases it is impossible to type the most right characters (e.g."&", ">", "9", "\") but their left neighbour is printed; with one hand keyboard it is working, though

Please, Sony fix this a.s.a.p. - before 14.6.A.1.216 my phone worked so smooth!

Regular
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I additionally discovered a big problem with camera app.
Neither of the below buttons 'back', 'home' nor 'app list ' is working so there is no way to leave or close the camera app.
The only possibility is to shutdown the phone completely and Reboot!

Now it is about two months I can use my Z1 compact only partially and with enormous difficulties and effort!!

This is absolutely no fun!
Please Sony, get the software fixed now!
Regular
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Is there any new software in sight, yet?